• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#301 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:58 AM

CBS Sports: NBA Draft 2020: Warriors not high on LaMelo Ball or James Wiseman, have eyes on Israeli prospect, report says
https://www.cbssport...ct-report-says/

#302 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:00 AM

It does suck that the draft is poor this year.

Bad year to have a top pick but I’m sure someone will come out of this draft as a really good player.

#303 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

Wiseman seems to fit their needs.  They will get Curry and Klay back next year, and having a big guy seems to fit.

@mikeghg

#304 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 06:55 PM

CBS Sports: Warriors offseason preview: Bradley Beal is a pipe dream for now, but Jrue Holiday should be attainable
https://www.cbssport...-be-attainable/

#305 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

CBS Sports: 2020 NBA Draft: Pros and cons of Warriors trading No. 2 overall pick vs. standing pat
https://www.cbssport...s-standing-pat/

#306 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

CBS Sports: 2020 NBA Draft: Pros and cons of Warriors trading No. 2 overall pick vs. standing pat
https://www.cbssport...s-standing-pat/

I think they take Wiseman who would give them an athletic big.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#307 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

An NBA source in the know about Klay Thompson’s injury simply answered to me: “Not good.”

#308 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:13 AM

An NBA source in the know about Klay Thompson’s injury simply answered to me: “Not good.”

Klay Thompson injury latest: Warriors fear significant Achilles injury, MRI scheduled for Thursday, per report

#309 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:23 AM

Klay may wind up being another player who once the injuries start, they just keep coming.   It is a shame, because he is a real good player and a great shooter.

@mikeghg

#310 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:00 PM

Sources: Warriors on verge of trade for Oubre

#311 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:08 AM

CBS Sports: Back again: The 2020-21 Golden State Warriors season preview, starring Stephen Curry and a sense of unease
https://www.cbssport...ense-of-unease/

#312 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

CBS Sports: Stephen Curry issues loud reminder with career-high 62 points, joins Kobe Bryant in exclusive NBA territory

https://www.cbssport...-nba-territory/

#313 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:32 AM

CBS Sports: Warriors-Lakers takeaways: Stephen Curry comes up clutch for Golden State in comeback win against Los Angeles
https://www.cbssport...st-los-angeles/

#314 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:57 PM

The Ringer: Beal-to-the-Warriors Makes Too Much Sense Not to Happen

#315 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:22 PM

The Ringer: Beal-to-the-Warriors Makes Too Much Sense Not to Happen

Beal is busting his ass, but the Wizards stink.  Trading him is the right move for the Wiz.  The Timberwolves pick, which the Warriors own, their own pick, Wiseman and the cap room, might be what the Wizards need to start over.

@mikeghg

#316 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

Beal is busting his ass, but the Wizards stink.  Trading him is the right move for the Wiz.  The Timberwolves pick, which the Warriors own, their own pick, Wiseman and the cap room, might be what the Wizards need to start over.

I don't really get the deal from the Golden State position, but agree that would be awesome for the Wizards. 

If you are GS, why would you give up that haul, when Thompson will be back next year?  The Ringer suggests GS would be an immediate contender with Curry, Beal, and Green... but an already thin front court gets really weak without Wiseman. 

I guess I see the argument if GS doesn't believe Thompson will return next year and be what he was. 

#317 KendallHilton

KendallHilton

HOF

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:08 AM

Golden State Warriors forward, Draymond Green, voiced his opinion about the treatment of players when it comes to trade talks and media scrutiny. Do you agree with the 2x NBA Champion? 

#318 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:41 AM

Difficult question, and interesting point from Green. 

Fans forget at times players are human, and that being traded brings about significant changes to the players and their families. 

I think players also forget at times that teams are balancing things as well. Their fans, what's best for the franchise going forward etc. 

Ultimately what I think everyone wants is transparency where possible, and to treat each other with basic respect. 

- Don't leak to the media you want to trade a guy without having told the player directly it's a possibility. 

- Don't leak to the media you want to play somewhere else, without having told the existing team directly first. 

- As long as we're still 'together' let's make this work as best we can. Treat each other professionally etc. 

I don't like Green's example of Drummond. If they want to move him, they shouldn't be playing him. They are risking the player being injured. Asking him to dress and stay in shape, I don't think is an example of disrespect. 

#319 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:02 PM

I don't like Green's example of Drummond. If they want to move him, they shouldn't be playing him. They are risking the player being injured. Asking him to dress and stay in shape, I don't think is an example of disrespect. 

If they don't want him long-term and only want to reap the benefits of him staying in shape and not getting injured, what's Drummond's incentive there? The team wasn't "staying in shape" and "avoiding being healthy" on Drummond's behalf when they traded for Allen. 

I see your point, but I tend to strongly agree with Draymond. Equitable and fair treatment is earned in both directions. Just because you pay someone millions (or even thousands) is no excuse to treat someone without respect that's part of your team, IMO. I know that's not how all owners or bosses think and I certainly leave room for someone to respectfully disagree with me knowing it's unlikley to change my mind. 

If they've done the things you've mentioned, Chris. And called Drummond before the Allen trade, expressed to him their plans, been open as a team about what they wanted to do, then Drummond should repay that by sitting, staying in shape and being respectful. 

But if they didn't do those things...I think it's fair game for players to do what they want. 

I also think this is super complex issue that has a lot of parts that play into it and that it's full of gray area surrounding it, too. 

#320 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:09 PM

Drummond's incentive to dress and stay in shape, is that he'll get moved to a team that wants him. 

The team absolutely should go to the player first and say, "Our plan is to move you. We can't risk you getting hurt, and lowering what we can get back. As such you'll need to sit."

If they didn't do that, it's a bad look...  and Drummond has a right to be annoyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=