Photo

If TOR signs Darvish, will that impact O's decision making?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,678 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:06 AM

I wrote last week that if you take Duquette’s comments on the record, and by what he has insinuated; the following statements are true:

1) The O’s payroll will remain stagnant at roughly $85M.

2) The O’s want to improve to above .500 in 2012.

3) The O’s do not intend to deal Jones, Hardy, or Wieters. It is unlikely that Markakis will be moved, and also unlikely that Guthrie will be moved prior to the non-waiver deadline next year.

4) The O’s will obtain pitching, and believe it will have to occur via trade. Clearly, I should have also included foreign options like Wada, and potentially Wei-Yin.

There are reports this morning that Toronto has won the bidding for Darvish. If he is signed, it is not hard to envision the American League East housing four 90 win teams.

I'm not asking you if you believe the O's should be operating differently than it appears. I'm asking if you think Toronto obtaining Darvish (and potentially Beltran) will cause the O's to operate different?

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

No...PA is still the owner...So, they won't be trading "fan favorites" and have a full scale rebuild and they won't spend the money neccassary to bring in the top FAs like Fielder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=