Beyond the Box Score: Graphic Look at the Window to Win
http://www.beyondthe...n-new-york-mets

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Making his first Start since September 2010, Santana went 5 ip today allowing 2 hits, 0 er, 2 bb's, with 5 k's.

The big Mets news of the week is the signing of Jon Niese to a 5 year $25.5M deal with two team options that can raise the total of the deal to $46M. (http://espn.go.com/n...5-year-25m-deal)

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

MLB Dirt: Santana is as Good as Ever
http://mlbdirt.com/2...s-good-as-ever/

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

What a difference Santana and Wright are making for them right now.

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

With the news that the Mets are trying to re-sign Wright, wonder what kind of contract he gets? There goes that (unlikely) option for the O's it looks like.
@levineps

#7 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Congratulations to Johan Santana for throwing a no-hitter tonight against the Cards.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Very cool for the Johan, the Mets, and their fans.

#9 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I can't believe that for one of the oldest franchises in MLB history, this was their first no-hitter.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mrbeanage

#10 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

I can't believe that for one of the oldest franchises in MLB history, this was their first no-hitter.

They're really middle of the pack, aren't they? This is only their 51st season, tied with the Astros.

Either way, its still amazing that it took so long

#11 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

They're really middle of the pack, aren't they? This is only their 51st season, tied with the Astros.

Either way, its still amazing that it took so long

My mistake. I figured that they were older than most of the other MLB teams.

http://www.baseball-...ence.com/teams/
@mrbeanage

#12 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Took them over 50 years, and 8,020 games. Oh, and since Beltran's liner landed on the foul line but was called foul, it wasn't even a no-hitter :P

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Took them over 50 years, and 8,020 games. Oh, and since Beltran's liner landed on the foul line but was called foul, it wasn't even a no-hitter :P

Yes, it's true, bad miscall but if we put an asterisk on this(as some have suggested), I'd like to review every no-hitter and add the * as necessary.
@levineps

#14 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

No hitter, one hitter, same difference.

Great for Johan but he needs to buy the Ump that missed that call a nice dinner.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#15 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

I dunno, I no-hitter is kind of lackluster for me. It's an "eh, cool, I guess" moment.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#16 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

And Harold Reynolds keeps his streak alive for saying at least one moronic thing per night. When discussing the Beltran ball that hit the foul line past 3B and was called foul, he says that it went over the bag so it doesn't matter whether it hit the line or not, it should have been fair. Hey Harold, don't you even know the freakin rules dude? If the ball hits before the bag and goes over the bag and lands in fair territory, it's fair. If the ball goes past the bag in the air, it HAS to land in fair territory to be ruled fair. He said it two times and neither of the other two guys corrected him. What a joke? He's entertaining only because he's a clown.

#17 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yes, it's true, bad miscall but if we put an asterisk on this(as some have suggested), I'd like to review every no-hitter and add the * as necessary.

It shouldn't be asterisked, but it should be discussed and brought up until MLB does the right thing.

#18 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I dunno, I no-hitter is kind of lackluster for me. It's an "eh, cool, I guess" moment.

So...you're saying you don't have a soul ;)

#19 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

And Harold Reynolds keeps his streak alive for saying at least one moronic thing per night. When discussing the Beltran ball that hit the foul line past 3B and was called foul, he says that it went over the bag so it doesn't matter whether it hit the line or not, it should have been fair. Hey Harold, don't you even know the freakin rules dude? If the ball hits before the bag and goes over the bag and lands in fair territory, it's fair. If the ball goes past the bag in the air, it HAS to land in fair territory to be ruled fair. He said it two times and neither of the other two guys corrected him. What a joke? He's entertaining only because he's a clown.

I lost my final respect for him as an analyst on the Hall-of-Fame show this year when he made the false, but oft-repeated, claim about Jack Morris "pitching-to-the-score". Peter Gammons, of all people, pointed out that it was an idea that had been disproved for a while. Yet later that night on the Hot Stove show, Reynolds said the exact same thing, and not a replay either.

Personal problems or not, I wish he had stayed at ESPN instead of sullying the otherwise mostly good analysis on MLB Network.

And don't get me started on Mitch Williams.

#20 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

So...you're saying you don't have a soul ;)

That was supposed to say "a no-hitter where you give up five walks".
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=