2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm in favor.

1. The NCAA will have a portal available in July on its website for Final Four sites to make proposals for 2017-2020; a decision on sites for those years will be made later in 2014. The NCAA won't put any restrictions on the proposals, meaning that a city that doesn't have a dome can make an offer and the NCAA will discuss it. The NCAA has made one decision on domes -- it is done with them in regional finals. Mark Lewis, the NCAA's vice president in charge of championships, said using domes for regionals was a trial run for future Final Fours. But the upcoming Final Four sites have already had the dry run, so the NCAA doesn't need to do this anymore. Lewis said regional finals should be in arenas, and that will be the plan going forward. The next three Final Fours are in Arlington, Texas, in 2014; Indianapolis in 2015; and Houston in 2016.

http://espn.go.com/b...ts-apr-on-track

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm in favor.

http://espn.go.com/b...ts-apr-on-track

The NCAA has come along ways from the time they were playing the first weekend games in domes. I think domes have lost their appeal with HD TVs. I'm not sure if going to arenas for Final Fours will ever happen again, if it did it would be one tough ticket with the supply and demand.

@levineps

#3 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just more reason for this damn city to get off its collective ass and find some way to get an arena built.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=