Photo

BSL: Project 2014 (Previewing Yr 1 in the Big Ten)

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#381 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

InsideMDSports: C.J. Brown on Pace for Top Spot in Maryland's Record Book

http://maryland.247s...d-Book-31354619

Quietly, Terps quarterback C.J. Brown continues to ascend the program's record book.

With two touchdown passes today against Syracuse, Brown moved into a tie with Neil O’Donnell (1987-89) for seventh on Maryland’s all-time list, with 26 career touchdown passes. He's also been responsible for 47 touchdowns in his career, tied for second all-time with Scott McBrien (2002-03).

And with 305 yards of offense -- 208 pass, 25 rushing -- he raised his career total to 5,323 yards, to rank fifth in program history. With eight games left, Brown needs to average just 224 total yards per game to move to the top spot.

@BSLZackKiesel

#382 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Testudo Times: Quinton Jefferson out for season

http://www.testudoti...-out-for-season

Randy Edsall told reporters on Sunday that defensive end Quinton Jefferson will miss the season with a knee injury. Jefferson will undergo surgery on Friday.

@BSLZackKiesel

#383 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Kudos to Will Likely.

Maryland’s Will Likely named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#384 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

Kudos to Will Likely.   Maryland’s Will Likely named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week

And, as I keep reminding people, he's just a sophomore. He's going to continue to get better.
@BSLZackKiesel

#385 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Baltimore Sun: Maryland's Will Likely named Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week

http://www.baltimore...0,6109209.story

On Tuesday, Maryland cornerback Will Likely became the first Terps defender to ever be named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week. Wednesday, Likely was selected for a national award -- the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week.

Likely had a team-high nine tackles, a tackle for a loss and an interception that he returned 88 yards for a touchdown during Maryland's win over Syracuse on Saturday.

@BSLZackKiesel

#386 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

This is setting up to be the worst case scenario for MD football. A 7-5 season and therefore an extension for Edsall.

#387 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

This is setting up to be the worst case scenario for MD football. A 7-5 season and therefore an extension for Edsall.

I'm sorry, I fail to see how that is the worst case scenario. You'd rather see them tank and blow up the program?

@BSLZackKiesel

#388 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm sorry, I fail to see how that is the worst case scenario. You'd rather see them tank and blow up the program?

I'd definitely take a 4- or 5-win season and Edsall getting fired over a 6-6 season with another Military Bowl appearance or some other example of an absolutely mediocre season.

I'd prefer we play really well and get 8 wins or something and look really good most of the way and feel positive about the program moving forward despite my displeasure with Edsall.  But I'd feel much better about the future of the program with a new coach than I would if we basically repeat last season and still have Edsall.

#389 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

If Maryland finishes, for the sake of argument, 7-6 (7-5 with a bowl loss), Edsall will end up 20-30 over his first four years at the school. In Friedgen's last four years he went 25-26. And each had an equally-disastrous season in the midst (2-10).

@DJ_McCann

#390 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

You can't extend Edsall based on just two 7-win seasons, no way. I'll take my chances letting him go into 2015 with just two years left before I do that. Then again, we're talking about Kevin Anderson here. Ugh.

#391 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

You can't extend Edsall based on just two 7-win seasons, no way. I'll take my chances letting him go into 2015 with just two years left before I do that. Then again, we're talking about Kevin Anderson here. Ugh.

Hopefully, you are right about not extending him going 7-5 and potentially 8-5 with a crappy bowl win.

So, in that case the worst case scenario would be an 8-4 reg season. Edsall is horrible and shouldn't be extended is the point. Luckily, I don't think there is much of a chance we win 5 conference games.

#392 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Luckily, I don't think there is much of a chance we win 5 conference games.

Yeah, that would just be the worst, haha.

#393 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

I would literally bet twenty thousand dollars that the Terps don't win 8 games next year. You guys are so funny to me. Every single year this loser coach loses games that he has no business losing. Like Wake this year. That's no different than Syracuse and Indiana next year. And Ferentz is not losing to Maryland. He will run circles around Edsall.

When is the last time a middling team won every game they were supposed to win? It NEVER HAPPENS and certainly isn't going to happen next year for MD. 

Awesome.

• BSLMikeLowe and Pedro Cerrano like this

#394 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

You guys just don't know college football, Maryland, and the Big 10 if you think MD is winning 8 games next year. 

Hmm.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#395 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

So, if the Terps win next week, do we all get to split the $20,000?
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#396 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

So you think Maryland is going to go 5-1 on the road against USF, Penn State, Michigan, Cuse, Indiana, and Wisconsin? Really? I tell you MD is playing those 6 games. And you say they are going to win 5 of them? You are living in la la land man.

I'll give you JMU. They should beat South Florida but that is not a given. You even admitted that. Just the fact that you admit that MD is not a given to beat SF at SF should throw a gigantic red flag up because a team that is not a lock to win at SF next year is NOT a team that goes 5-1 in those group of 6 games. And really, I'm being nice putting Wisconsin in there, because they ain't beating Wisconsin in Madison. So basically, you have 5 road games remaining that you think Randy Edsall and the Terps are going to go 5-0 against. 2 of those are against 2 of the most historic programs in some of the best atmospheres/stadiums in the world. 

When's the last time MD was 5-1 on the road? 

Another.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#397 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

Those of us who predicted 7-8 wins were called many things, including crazy and delusional. I kept telling y'all, you wouldn't listen. ;)

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#398 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

Awesome.

Hmm.

As great as this is, you better pray to our Lord and Savior Nick Novak that they don't lose to Rutgers and in the bowl game, or Pete is never going to let you live it down :lol:

@DJ_McCann

#399 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:02 AM

Is it too late to get in on the literally-twenty-thousands-dollars thing?

• Greg Pappas likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#400 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hilarious.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."