• Please log in to reply
4355 replies to this topic

#41 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

So is everyone's favorite character dead now, or does he recover?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#42 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

He's fine little scratch, but chicks dig scars.
@JeremyMStrain

#43 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yeah I figure Joffrey will be around a while to be a pain in the butt. I'll be interested to see if he calms down now that Papa Bear is there to be the Hand (it's his position he had Tyrion filling in for him while he was away) unless he's going back out to fight.

I didn't see what happened to Tyrion's right hand man after he saved the Hound though, was he ok or did he die?

How predictable was that?

I'm assuming he's alive.

#44 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

He's fine, but I'm curious to see how things go with him now that his father is back (good chance not for long, though) and now that he has really proven his worth and gained the respect of the soldiers that he gave the speech to.

#45 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yeah I figure Joffrey will be around a while to be a pain in the butt. I'll be interested to see if he calms down now that Papa Bear is there to be the Hand (it's his position he had Tyrion filling in for him while he was away) unless he's going back out to fight.

I didn't see what happened to Tyrion's right hand man after he saved the Hound though, was he ok or did he die?

How predictable was that?

I'm assuming he's alive.

Yeah I saw that one coming too.

I hope he is, their interactions are up there with Tywin/Arya as my favorite on the show.
@JeremyMStrain

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Did the show meet your expectations?

I was hoping for a different fate for Joffrey.

I thought it was a fantastic episode. I really liked that they stayed with the battle, inside the walls and out, for the entire show. Not that the other storylines aren't great and interesting, but this is by far the most important part of Season 2 (and the second book) and giving it the full episode felt justified.

I loved everything about the battle scene. The drumming on Stannis' fleet, how awesome the wildfyre looked (they left out a big part of the book about Tyrion's plan, which he spent a long time planning that makes him look even smarter, but that's ok), they did a good job of showing the scale of Stannis' forces by having him still have a large army left over after Tyrion eliminated most of his ships. Tyrion's speech was great, and Joffrey whining and running back to the castle just re-affirms how callow he is. I also loved that we saw Stannis doing exactly what a king and leader should be doing, first up that ladder and doing some damage once he got up there. And yet it was Joffrey's army that won the battle.

Really everything about the battle scene was great.

And the stuff inside the castle was just as good. Really get to see Cersei unraveling. The only real good quality about her is how protective of her children she is, and even that at times is too over the top, as we almost found out with her and Tommen.

What do all the non-book readers think about the post-battle fate of some of the characters that are left a little vague and what that will mean for the story going forward?

Davos and his son?
Stannis?
Loras (and the whole Tyrell family presumably) joining up with the Lannisters?
The Hound offering to take Sansa back to Winterfell?
Tyrion getting slashed by one of the Kingsguard? Dead or Alive?
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#47 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Cannot wait for Sunday's episode.

Also just bought the first four books. Looking forward to cracking those and catching up in time for Season 3.

#48 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

I finished book five today, finally caught up with the series. Winds of Winter should be amazing. Hope it doesn't take too long to come out.

#49 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Season finale tonight. They saved alot of stuff for this episode. Hope they can fit it all in effectively.

#50 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

What did you guys think?

I wasn't thrilled with it to be honest, but it sets up a lot for next season.

#51 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

What did you guys think?

I wasn't thrilled with it to be honest, but it sets up a lot for next season.

I mean, I wanted more when it was over, so that's a good sign. It did do a good job of tying up ends and setting up next season, but yeah no major deaths, no super cliffhangers, kinda leaves you feeling like oh well that was nice, instead of OMG DON'T END LIKE THAT!!!
@JeremyMStrain

#52 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Part of the reason I wasn't thrilled is because I wanted to see more of Tyrion; plus, I don't really get why he's in the position he's in. You would think his father at least would have stood up for him more.

#53 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Part of the reason I wasn't thrilled is because I wanted to see more of Tyrion; plus, I don't really get why he's in the position he's in. You would think his father at least would stood up for him more.

Yeah completely agree. I have a feeling that Circe put a bug in daddy's ear lying about Tyrion and saying he did a terrible job, more likely though is daddy found out he took his girl with him, which he forbode and that's why he left him out to dry. I thought that was the hint dropped when baldy left the room and brought her in.
@JeremyMStrain

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm curious of what his future is to be. He's been stripped of his power/influence, doesn't seem to have support in his family , and doesn't have his soldier friends anymore. It's not like he can really fight much for himself either.

#55 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Might even inspire me to finish A Storm of Swords...

Finally finished. Goddamn that is a long book. And did I hear that A Feast for Crows is longer?

#56 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm curious of what his future is to be. He's been stripped of his power/influence, doesn't seem to have support in his family , and doesn't have his soldier friends anymore. It's not like he can really fight much for himself either.

I'm sure he'll be fine in the long run, but it's getting to where he's going to have to choose if he's with or against the Lannisters. I have this feeling like all of these families we see will have 1-2 people that are influential in the REAL crisis coming from the north.

You see a couple bad guys and a couple good guys it seems in each family, Dany since she's the last of hers, Jon will be the guy for the Starks, Tyrion or Jamie maybe for the Lannisters etc. I need to start reading the other books I guess.
@JeremyMStrain

#57 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Everything is better with zombies.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#58 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

Might even inspire me to finish A Storm of Swords...

Finally finished. Goddamn that is a long book. And did I hear that A Feast for Crows is longer?

Feast is the shortest book, Dance the longest.

#59 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Per Martin, he envisions the next two books being roughly 1500+ pages. Ugh!

In other words, don't be surprised if he trims it down and there's an 8th book in the series as well.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#60 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ok. That makes me feel a little better. Still have some other reading before I get to those (new Jeff Shaara books take precedence over everything else on the shelf).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=