4355 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

As many of you (at least, those of you who are my friends on OH and/or Facebook) know, I'm just about the biggest Game of Thrones fan in the world.

April 1st can't get here soon enough.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Very excited for the 2nd season. Thinking about re-reading the book prior to the season starting.

Going to be interesting to see where and how they make changes from the source material. I gotta think they'll involve Jaime more than he was in the 2nd book.

#3 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

I really enjoyed S1, and am also looking forward to a new season. I love me some Emilia Clarke. :)

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

I loved the first season, so I read the 2nd and 3rd book. The second season of the show will be fun, but I am REALLY looking forward to that third season.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Huge fan as well. I'm obsessed with these books, almost half way through Storm of Swords right now. I started reading after marathoning the show around new years. I'm going to rewatch season one with my brother in law who I got hooked on the books. There should be plenty of great moments in season two. I hope they do Tyrion justice. They have to show Robb a lot more I'd think, since he's barely in Clash of Kings.

#6 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

I really enjoyed S1, and am also looking forward to a new season. I love me some Emilia Clarke. :)

Have you read the books, Greg?
@ChaosLex

#7 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Is it too late to change my username to "The Stallion Who Will Mount The World"? Is there a character limit?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#8 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Have you read the books, Greg?

No, I've been too busy writing my own to read anyone else's. LOL

I've been told numerous times that the books are amazing. Perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to read them, someday.

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Is it too late to change my username to "The Stallion Who Will Mount The World"? Is there a character limit?

I'd consider "the onion knight".

#10 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm glad Stannis is introduced this year.

It seems pretty much everyone counts Jon, Daeny and Tyrion among their favorite characters, but Stannis is equally charming to me. I don't really understand it, considering he's such a jack***. :lol:
@ChaosLex

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

almost half way through Storm of Swords right now. I started reading after marathoning the show around new years.

Very interested to see how you like the rest of this book. It's my favorite of the 5 out so far.

I agree they are going to have to do some things differently with the show than the books did. They can't have as much of Robb's battles off camera like they are in the book (off...page?).

#12 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Rewatched the first five episodes yesterday. I feel like they could've casted Renly better but still love it. It's nice to be able to notice the changes they made and all the little "Easter eggs" so to speak having read the book.

#13 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Wow...... Wow...

60% done now and I have to take a break. Crazy.

#14 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Finished the third book. Probably my favorite I've ever read. Have to admit I'm worried I'm hearing a lot that 4 and 5 don't live up to the hype. How many books are there going to be total? 7?

I was left in relative shock at least 5 times in the second half of storm of swords.

#15 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have to finish The Wire first (six episodes in to season five...Marlo is a sadistic bastard!), but I got season one of GoT through the library this week, so that's next on my list. Might even inspire me to finish A Storm of Swords...

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

What's everyone think of the 2nd season so far?

I've really enjoyed it. There are a ton of storylines for them to follow, and aside from perhaps the premiere where they pretty much had to stop in with everyone to check in on what they are doing, I think they've done a good job of not making it too overwhelming. I think leaving out one or two of the various storylines each week is a good way to tell the story overall. I can't wait for the rest of the season, and then even moreso for Season 3.

#17 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

What's everyone think of the 2nd season so far?

I've really enjoyed it. There are a ton of storylines for them to follow, and aside from perhaps the premiere where they pretty much had to stop in with everyone to check in on what they are doing, I think they've done a good job of not making it too overwhelming. I think leaving out one or two of the various storylines each week is a good way to tell the story overall. I can't wait for the rest of the season, and then even moreso for Season 3.

I haven't read the books, but I'm really enjoying the season so far. I love every scene with Tyrion and I think his strategies are interesting. I'm also intrigued by what's going on with Theon Greyjoy and his family going against the North.

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Havent watched this show but by the way people talk about it, it sounds like I should be.

#19 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I don't have HBO, so I'm going to wait for two or three seasons to build up and watch it on DVD. More likely two :P

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Havent watched this show but by the way people talk about it, it sounds like I should be.

If you liked The Sopranos, Rome and Lord of the Rings, you'll really dig this show. And if you're not that into fantasy, this show is a good way to slowly ease into it, as it basically starts out as a medieval drama and sort of transitions into more of an epic with some fantastical elements. It really never dives into full-blown fantasy (at least not through 5 books).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=