Photo

Game of Thrones (Book Discussion With Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

I don't think all of the things Melisandre says are destined to come true.  The show has shown that by Stannis' defeat at King's Landing.  We'll see more instances of it coming up, and if we get to the 5th book, like Oriole Report mentions, she could easily be thinking that it's the girl on the pale mare or whatever she sees that Jon thinks is Arya but is really Jeyne Poole.

I did like the line about eyes staring back from the darkness.  We've only seen Arya kill the one fat boy in King's Landing so far, right?  I forget exactly when she gets a few more under her belt, but we know they are coming from the books.  I don't have a problem with hinting at it in the show.

#62 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Could also be a nod to her time in Bravos using many faces including being blind.

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

The bear pit didn't quite live up to my expectations. 

#64 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Does it boggle anyone else's mind that Roose allowed his bastard Ramsay to live? If anyone is going to stick a sword in Roose's back eventually, I think it'd be him.

I can't wait until get both get pwned. I've gone on record with my friends/family and said that by the time the books are over, both House Bolton and House Frey will be completely wiped out. 

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#65 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

The bear pit didn't quite live up to my expectations. 

Yeah it wasn't as good as it came off in the books, but I appreciate they effort they put into trying to pull it off.

#66 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Does it boggle anyone else's mind that Roose allowed his bastard Ramsay to live? If anyone is going to stick a sword in Roose's back eventually, I think it'd be him.

I can't wait until get both get pwned. I've gone on record with my friends/family and said that by the time the books are over, both House Bolton and House Frey will be completely wiped out. 

Frey's will be wiped out, not sure about the Boltons though.  I do agree that it's a decent bet that Ramsay winds up killing Roose

#67 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Based on the previews and write up for this coming Sunday's episode it looks like we'll get Sam the Slayer and an apperance by Coldhands.  Curious to see the show's take on him, I'm guessing they don't show his face.

#68 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Bart (TheWedge) and I were talking over on OH about when Tyrion kills Tywin.

We both think Tyrion's line "Lord Tywin Lannister did not in the end shit gold" is probably the best line in the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series, but I'm unsure how they'd use it. Bart seems to think they'd be able to find away though. Perhaps Tyrion would say it to Varys during the escape?

Still, even if that beautiful line is omitted, I'll be okay provided Tywin is still assassinated on the toilet. That almost has to be left in. LMAO

@ChaosLex

#69 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

They just had Tyrion give Shae a gold chain.  They took out the Hand's chain that he chokes her with in the novel, so gotta think that's the chain he'll end up using to take her out. 

I don't think they'll change much about the way Tyrion kills Tywin.  They'll probably just have him say that line.  Or maybe "let's see if you really do shit gold" or something right before he shoots him. 

#70 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

They just had Tyrion give Shae a gold chain.  They took out the Hand's chain that he chokes her with in the novel, so gotta think that's the chain he'll end up using to take her out. 

I don't think they'll change much about the way Tyrion kills Tywin.  They'll probably just have him say that line.  Or maybe "let's see if you really do shit gold" or something right before he shoots him. 

Yeah that was one of my favorite "set up" moments from this past weeks episode.  Bummer it will be close to a year for the payoff to that, but it will still be quite the shocker.  I wonder what the TV only crowd's reaction will be to Tyrion killing both Tywin and Shae.  The show version of Tyrion is much less grey than in the book.

My other favorite set up which will have a pay off much sooner was Jamie telling Roose to give Lannister regards to Robb.  That is going to be awesome!

Looking at the previews for this coming Sunday and reading the write up for the episode we should get Sam the Slayer as well as a glimpse of ColdHands.  Curious to see what if any they show of him.

#71 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

The episode this week is going to suck.

F'n Freys...

@ChaosLex

#72 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm very excited for the reactions.

However, the next episode is neither the finale nor is it this week.  The show is on hiatus over Memorial Day weekend.  When it's back, we'll only be on the 9th episode.  I do expect the Red Wedding to be at the end of that episode, though.

#73 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

However, the next episode is neither the finale nor is it this week.  The show is on hiatus over Memorial Day weekend.  When it's back, we'll only be on the 9th episode.  I do expect the Red Wedding to be at the end of that episode, though.

Well I think one episode is going to be Joffrey's wedding, and one is going to be the Red Wedding. I doubt they'd put them in one, and TO ME I'd think they'd do Joffrey's first, and do the other one as the finale/cliffhanger. It'll be interesting to see how they do it.

@JeremyMStrain

#74 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Episode 9 is titled The Rains of Castamere,  I think that's a pretty good indicator that RW will be in there.  Sucks we have to wait an extra week for the episode though, ugh.

Well I think one episode is going to be Joffrey's wedding, and one is going to be the Red Wedding. I doubt they'd put them in one, and TO ME I'd think they'd do Joffrey's first, and do the other one as the finale/cliffhanger. It'll be interesting to see how they do it.

See above comment about the Red Wedding.  As far as Joffrey's wedding (the Purple Wedding).  I'm pretty confident we won't be seeing that until next season. 

#75 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Episode 9 is titled The Rains of Castamere,  I think that's a pretty good indicator that RW will be in there.  Sucks we have to wait an extra week for the episode though, ugh.

See above comment about the Red Wedding.  As far as Joffrey's wedding (the Purple Wedding).  I'm pretty confident we won't be seeing that until next season. 

Yeah that makes sense, Just thought they were really setting up the Joffrey thing with the 3 leaches scene for all 3 to happen before the break.

@JeremyMStrain

#76 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, I meant to write episode not finale. My bad.

@ChaosLex

#77 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Guess Balon will be biting it soon too. I'm looking forward to the casting fo Euron Crow's Eye next season, not to mention Victarion.

@ChaosLex

#78 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Red Wedding will definitely happen before Joffrey's wedding.

I expet Balon to die off camera early in the next episode and then the Red Wedding to be the final scene of the episode, much like Ned's beheading in Season 1.

I can't decide if I think they'll kill Joffrey during the final or wait until the premiere of Season 4.  It would make sense either way, and I think they may feel they need to kill Joffrey just for some type of redemption for some of the fans that may stop watching after Robb and Catelyn and the Red Wedding.  Though I don't think they've built up Robb to be as liked as Ned was and Catelyn in the show is an awful character that many might be happy to see gone (she was pretty great in the books).  So maybe the reaction won't be quite as rough as with Ned.

#79 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

Would be interesting if they closed out the finale with the Hound hitting Arya in the head..and it just fades to black like being knocked out.

I think the reactions to that would be a good way to end the season..since most would be confused as Hell

#80 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Or maybe they close with Joffrey choking and grabbing at his throat, Cersei screaming?  Or maybe right after he dies, when they have Tyrion arrested? 

Lot's of cool ways they could go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=