673 replies to this topic

#461 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:21 AM

Steelers are trading Antonio Brown to the Raiders (verbal agreement).

http://www.espn.com/...deal-ab-raiders

And now he'll get 30 million guaranteed, and all of the endorsement money in Vegas he could dream of having. He'll put up similar numbers as well. Guy just gets open and catches everything.

#462 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

Raiders traded Amari Cooper for Dallas' 1st round pick. Ends up a 27th,  pick value of 780

Now they acquire Antonio Brown for a 3rd (66th) and 5th (141st), values of 260 and 35 = 295

So the equivalent of trading Cooper for AB and an early to mid 2nd rounder. I think the Raiders win this deal, If Brown shows up.

@BSLMikeRandall

#463 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

Steelers eating some money too?
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#464 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:32 AM

Can't see how or why. He wasn't owed any more guaranteed money for them to eat. He was due a roster bonus soon, but they wanted to trade him quickly to avoid paying that.

#465 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

Can't see how or why. He wasn't owed any more guaranteed money for them to eat. He was due a roster bonus soon, but they wanted to trade him quickly to avoid paying that.

My friend mentioned it but I didn’t see it on Rotoworld.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#466 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

Great deal for Oak. Probably won’t matter for them in terms of wins and losses but the price they paid is nothing.

#467 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

Schefter: Antonio Brown is gone from Pittsburgh, but not forgotten. Brown will leave the Steelers with a dead-money salary-cap charge of over $21 million this season, thought to be the biggest one-year salary-cap charge in NFL history.

@fuzydunlop

#468 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

While it's a huge dead money hit, it's also a small cap savings compared to had they kept him. The cap is weird.

#469 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

A third and a fifth.

Not possible for Pittsburgh to have handled this any worse.  Wow. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#470 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

Antonio Brown won this staring contest in every conceivable way. Holy shit.

#471 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

A third and a fifth.

Not possible for Pittsburgh to have handled this any worse. Wow.

They didn’t have many solutions though

#472 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

Antonio Brown won this staring contest in every conceivable way. Holy shit.

Until he realizes that he is going to a shit situation....he looks so bad PR wise in this.

#473 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

Until he realizes that he is going to a shit situation....he looks so bad PR wise in this.

He doesn't care. He wanted guaranteed money, wanted to leave Pittsburgh, and wanted to screw them in the process. He did all three.

Also PR matters little when he has 3 whole years to clean up his act, if he so chose.

#474 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:15 AM

I hate team cancer comments. If that were true, he would have torn that locker room apart long before this year. Quitting on your team is terrible. Which is what he did. And this offseason he's gone full TO.

With that said, he was a great teammate for the rest of his tenure with Pitt. Never made noise, stayed out of trouble, and every report has said he was always one of the first to the practice field and one of the last to leave, and hands down the hardest worker on the team. Those aren't the properties of a team cancer.

I do believe the comments last offseason that Ben and the system made him got to him. He wants to prove it wasn't either. And he wants to get one last huge payday. Someone will pay him. And then he'll be fine.

We'll see what happens when he goes from the #4 offense to the #23 offense and is no longer catching 100+ balls.  Not to mention Oakland was a 4 win team in full rebuild mode.

#475 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

My memory of Derrek Carr is that he struggles on deep balls but it pretty good at the short- to mid-range passes that Brown is so deadly on.  I don't really see why he'd struggle to get his catches in Oakland.  Maybe not 100, but he'll get tons.  They'll likely pass it more than they have in the past now that they have Brown.  They were  about 8 pass attempts per game fewer than the Steelers last year.  Brown was getting nearly 1/4 of the Steelers targets, gotta think he'll get at least that if not more in Oakland.  So if the Raiders increase by 2 throws a game and target Brown a little more often than the Steelers did, he will be getting more targets overall.

I think the team will stink, but Brown should still be able to put up huge numbers unless he gets very old, very fast, which I doubt.

#476 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

My memory of Derrek Carr is that he struggles on deep balls but it pretty good at the short- to mid-range passes that Brown is so deadly on.  I don't really see why he'd struggle to get his catches in Oakland.  Maybe not 100, but he'll get tons.  They'll likely pass it more than they have in the past now that they have Brown.  They were  about 8 pass attempts per game fewer than the Steelers last year.  Brown was getting nearly 1/4 of the Steelers targets, gotta think he'll get at least that if not more in Oakland.  So if the Raiders increase by 2 throws a game and target Brown a little more often than the Steelers did, he will be getting more targets overall.

I think the team will stink, but Brown should still be able to put up huge numbers unless he gets very old, very fast, which I doubt.

He also had the benefit of Big Ben (much better than Carr) and his ability to extend plays.  I think he'll still put up decent numbers, but his days of top 5 are probably over. 

#477 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

SI: The Big Ben Problem in Pittsburgh, According to Two Ex-Steelers

#478 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

SI: The Big Ben Problem in Pittsburgh, According to Two Ex-Steelers

I can't believe that "Ben is the problem here" hasn't become more mainstream.

I mean, I know WHY, but...it's still kinda unbelievable.

#479 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

Pittsburgh trades up to 10, selects Michigan LB Devin Bush. 

Pittsburgh trades 20, 52, and a 2020 3rd to move up to the 10th pick. That's a lot -- based on my draft value chart, Pittsburgh paid at least 150 cents on the dollar for that move.

#480 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

Pittsburgh trades up to 10, selects Michigan LB Devin Bush.

@fbgchase 11s12 seconds ago

More

Pittsburgh trades 20, 52, and a 2020 3rd to move up to the 10th pick. That's a lot -- based on my draft value chart, Pittsburgh paid at least 150 cents on the dollar for that move.

I value future picks, based on a few years of looking at all these draft day trades, as the midpoint between same pick this year and same pick this year one round later. So future 3rd is worth halfway between current 3rd and current 4th.

10 is worth 1300

20 is worth 850
52 is worth 380
2020 3rd is worth 130 (190 + 70 / 2, if you assume mid round pick)

So not really that much of an overpay. I must've added wrong on my initial reaction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=