#441 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

Here’s the thing though. When Clark said it to the person in the organization, it was his opinion. This isn’t some “insider info” or locker room talk.

This is Clark’s opinion then and it’s his opinion now.

#442 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

Here’s the thing though. When Clark said it to the person in the organization, it was his opinion. This isn’t some “insider info” or locker room talk.

This is Clark’s opinion then and it’s his opinion now.

I disagree that it isn't "insider info" but I agree that it's his opinion and that it's fully in-bounds. It's part of his job, and I'm certain that it's part of why he was hired. 

Random aside: Ryan Clark is -really- good at his job. Like, I think he could be in a booth one day.

#443 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

http://www.espn.com/...brown-team-camp

#444 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,718 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

The Ringer: Antonio Brown Has Officially Requested a Trade. What Happens Next?

#445 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

I believe people will be surprised with how much the Steelers don't get for Brown. His attitude will follow him. He's going to want a contract renegotiating or sulk about it.

Now a team like the Colts with Irsay pulling the strings might go overboard, but Brown would still be a case of buyer beware.

#446 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Dude, Antonio Brown is just burning every bridge in Pittsburgh. I'm shocked.

#447 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

Brown deal reportedly will be done by end of this week.

#448 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

If the Steelers are claiming to have a deal done by week's end, that likely signifies they have a trade offer they like. Setting an artificial deadline for this coming Friday probably means they're seeing if anyone is willing to top it.

#449 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:47 PM

Yahoo reporting its the Bills the Steelers are trading Antonio Brown to.
@BSLMikeRandall

#450 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

Deal isn’t happening

#451 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

This is going to be a saga all off-season hahaha

#452 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

It's hilarious that AB was ready to go into Terrell Owens-traded-to-Baltimore mode if the Bills trade was legit.

You wanted out of Pittsburgh, dummy. You go where the team sends you. After all, you wanted to show everyone that you could produce anywhere, right? That it wasn't just Ben?

SMH

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#453 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

It will be even better when he goes to the Raiders

#454 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

It was only for a couple of hours, but the "Antonio Brown in Buffalo" memes were top-friggin-notch.

#455 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

Steelers players are the biggest pussies. Except for Villanueva.
@BSLMikeRandall

#456 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

It's hilarious that AB was ready to go into Terrell Owens-traded-to-Baltimore mode if the Bills trade was legit.

You wanted out of Pittsburgh, dummy. You go where the team sends you. After all, you wanted to show everyone that you could produce anywhere, right? That it wasn't just Ben?

SMH

I'm surprised any team wants to trade for him.  Obviously an amazing player, but he's clearly a team cancer and apparently wants his deal re-done.

#457 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

This is all about money for Antonio Brown and not about choosing where he wants to play. Acting like a jerk seems to come naturally to him, but acting as if he's a free agent is more than likely pre-meditated.

There is no guaranteed money left on his deal, and his contract no longer measures up to those of the highest-paid receivers. He's no longer the highest-paid--in fact, he isn't even in the top five. Odell Beckham, Jr. is now the top salary stud among NFL wide receivers. Brown's contract, which guarantees $19 million, rates only eighth in terms of guarantees among the 10 richest receivers in football.

The Steelers aren't going to renegotiate his contract, so Brown's only other option is to place artificial demands on any team expressing a desire to trade for him. This is all about him becoming the highest-paid receiver once again.

#458 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

This is all about money for Antonio Brown and not about choosing where he wants to play. Acting like a jerk seems to come naturally to him, but acting as if he's a free agent is more than likely pre-meditated.

There is no guaranteed money left on his deal, and his contract no longer measures up to those of the highest-paid receivers. He's no longer the highest-paid--in fact, he isn't even in the top five. Odell Beckham, Jr. is now the top salary stud among NFL wide receivers. Brown's contract, which guarantees $19 million, rates only eighth in terms of guarantees among the 10 richest receivers in football.

The Steelers aren't going to renegotiate his contract, so Brown's only other option is to place artificial demands on any team expressing a desire to trade for him. This is all about him becoming the highest-paid receiver once again.

No doubt about it. Money is king... with that said, Buffalo was clearly ready to pay him, but AB wants to win too. I see Oakland coming out on top. They aren't THAT far away. They have a bunch of cap space, a need at WR. A decent QB. And 3 first rounders. Plus he'd have the chance to be the face of the first NFL team in Vegas.

#459 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

I'm surprised any team wants to trade for him. Obviously an amazing player, but he's clearly a team cancer and apparently wants his deal re-done.

I hate team cancer comments. If that were true, he would have torn that locker room apart long before this year. Quitting on your team is terrible. Which is what he did. And this offseason he's gone full TO.

With that said, he was a great teammate for the rest of his tenure with Pitt. Never made noise, stayed out of trouble, and every report has said he was always one of the first to the practice field and one of the last to leave, and hands down the hardest worker on the team. Those aren't the properties of a team cancer.

I do believe the comments last offseason that Ben and the system made him got to him. He wants to prove it wasn't either. And he wants to get one last huge payday. Someone will pay him. And then he'll be fine.

#460 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:55 AM

Steelers are trading Antonio Brown to the Raiders (verbal agreement).

http://www.espn.com/...deal-ab-raiders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=