344 replies to this topic

#261 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:54 AM

The situation is Dallas seems to get worse every year.

Jerry should can his GM.   

I think he made a joke a couple of years back, when he said the Owner should fire the GM. :)

#262 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:51 PM

Dallas takes Micah Parsons. He's a beast.

#263 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:25 AM

ESPN: Dallas Cowboys' defensive makeover will bring needed competition

https://www.espn.com...ded-competition

#264 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:56 AM

ESPN: Dallas Cowboys' defensive makeover will bring needed competition

https://www.espn.com...ded-competition

Bringing in talented people, doesnt mean they will play well as a group.

Some will also depend on how much the coaching staff is allowed to coach and manage the game plan.

Anybody ask, why so many left for other teams?

#265 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 09:13 AM

ESPN: As others sit, Dak Prescott believes Cowboys' offseason work will 'pay off'

https://www.espn.com...rk-will-pay-off

#266 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 07:44 AM

ESPN: Dallas Cowboys training camp questions: How will Dak Prescott's ankle hold up?

https://www.espn.com...s-ankle-hold-up

#267 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 06:47 AM

The Ringer: What’s the State of the Dak Prescott–Mike McCarthy Relationship Entering This Season?

#268 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 06:23 AM

The Ringer: Dak Prescott Is Every Bit As Good As We Remembered

#269 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:07 AM

CBS Sports: Cowboys' La'el Collins suspended five games for violation of league substance abuse policy

https://www.cbssport...e-abuse-policy/

#270 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:44 AM

#271 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:10 AM

CBS Sports: Dak Prescott in boot, to undergo further tests after injuring calf on final play of Cowboys' win vs. Patriots

https://www.cbssport...in-vs-patriots/

#272 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:44 AM

The Ringer: The Cowboys’ Loss to the 49ers Was a Masterpiece in Mismanagement

#273 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:25 AM

It's shocking that Mike McCarthy would screw up the managing the clock at the end of a game.  

#274 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

It's shocking that Mike McCarthy would screw up the managing the clock at the end of a game.  

Prescott deserves a share of the blame too.   He had no idea what he was doing in the final 8 seconds.

Also, he comes off as an ass, basically praising the fans who through stuff at the refs.

@mikeghg

#275 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 January 2022 - 01:18 PM

I suspect the Dallas job may be open soon.

@mikeghg

#276 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 03:39 PM

Prescott deserves a share of the blame too.   He had no idea what he was doing in the final 8 seconds.

Also, he comes off as an ass, basically praising the fans who through stuff at the refs.

It's one thing to run a horrible play given the circumstances, but it's quite another to double-down on it by reacting irrationally the way he did. Not what you want out of a leader. 

#277 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:04 PM

I think the call was smart, but the execution was terrible.  That's on Prescott and not McCarthy, though you could argue it's McCarthy's job to make sure Dak knows the finer details of running such a play.

If he goes into his slide a step or two sooner and if he pops up and gives the ball straight to the ref, then they get the spike off with a couple seconds to spare.  Still a very long shot to score from the 25 yard line, but it's possible.  Seemed to me that everyone else did their job and knew they needed to get to the line and get set immediately.  It was mostly just Dak's screwup.  

#278 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:25 PM

I think the call was smart, but the execution was terrible.  That's on Prescott and not McCarthy, though you could argue it's McCarthy's job to make sure Dak knows the finer details of running such a play.

If he goes into his slide a step or two sooner and if he pops up and gives the ball straight to the ref, then they get the spike off with a couple seconds to spare.  Still a very long shot to score from the 25 yard line, but it's possible.  Seemed to me that everyone else did their job and knew they needed to get to the line and get set immediately.  It was mostly just Dak's screwup.  

I disagree, if only because the ump is situated behind the play. So if Dak is going to go run for 20 yards and then slide, he's got to wait for the ump to arrive. Also, you have to allow for ump to get beyond the linemen who are lining up. 

If there were 30 seconds left, sure, why not? The risks far outweighed the rewards considering the meltdown that ensued. 

#279 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:34 PM

I disagree, if only because the ump is situated behind the play. So if Dak is going to go run for 20 yards and then slide, he's got to wait for the ump to arrive. Also, you have to allow for ump to get beyond the linemen who are lining up. 

If there were 30 seconds left, sure, why not? The risks far outweighed the rewards considering the meltdown that ensued. 

The ump shouldn't behind the play in the final 2 minutes.  He's in the old "normal" position behind the linebackers.  Unless they've changed that recently and the ump is behind the QB all the time now?  I don't recall from watching where he was at the snap.

They easily shave 3-4 seconds off if Dak doesn't run as far and if he gives the ball straight to the umpire rather than the center.  They spiked the ball maybe a second after the clock expired.  So if Dak runs the same exact play but runs it smartly and with the right mechanics, they get it done and have time for another play.  I'd love to know how far he's coached to run on that play relative to the time left.  I think the 49ers may have (unintentionally) goaded him into running further downfield because of how open the lane was.

• Steve55 likes this

#280 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:32 PM

The ump shouldn't behind the play in the final 2 minutes.  He's in the old "normal" position behind the linebackers.  Unless they've changed that recently and the ump is behind the QB all the time now?  I don't recall from watching where he was at the snap.

They easily shave 3-4 seconds off if Dak doesn't run as far and if he gives the ball straight to the umpire rather than the center.  They spiked the ball maybe a second after the clock expired.  So if Dak runs the same exact play but runs it smartly and with the right mechanics, they get it done and have time for another play.  I'd love to know how far he's coached to run on that play relative to the time left.  I think the 49ers may have (unintentionally) goaded him into running further downfield because of how open the lane was.

He came running in from behind the play (the ump was not passed by Dak on the run). They got cute, but perhaps more importantly, they forgot the rules, because I'd estimate a full second was wasted when the ump tried to get beyond Dak, the C & G to get at the ball. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=