3 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yahoo Sports: http://www.thepostga...fensive-players

Who was in charge of Maryland's strength and conditioning during this period?

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

It was Dwight Galt. Of course nothing against UM's S&C program, but all 3 of those guys were exceptional athletes when they arrived at UM. The other noteworthy point is that of the three only Davis has achieved any success in the NFL so far.....and even he needed several years to realize his potential.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

It was Dwight Galt. Of course nothing against UM's S&C program, but all 3 of those guys were exceptional athletes when they arrived at UM. The other noteworthy point is that of the three only Davis has achieved any success in the NFL so far.....and even he needed several years to realize his potential.

Ahh Galt, right.

You are also right about each of them being exceptional athletes prior to becoming Terps. Remember DHB at McDonough and his track success. (He did have 64 catches, 975 yards, 15.2 ypc, 4.5 yac this year.)

Campbell came to the league pretty young. Know he has spent sometime at Guard. I think he eventually works his way back outside.

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,273 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ahh Galt, right.

You are also right about each of them being exception athletes prior to becoming Terps. Remember DHB at McDonough and his track success. (He did have 64 catches, 975 yards, 15.2 ypc, 4.5 yac this year.)

Campbell came to the league pretty young. Know he has spent sometime at Guard. I think he eventually works his way back outside.

Yeah, I think DHB ran a sub-4.4 once in HS, or maybe it was after he got to UM....he ran on the Track team IIRC. Campbell's problem seemed to be that he was injured too often, which is why he slid to the 4th Round despite having potential that many thought was worthy of making him a late 1st. I think he would have benefited greatly by staying in college one more year.

I think all 3 of these guys are great examples of guys whose raw athleticism was enough to help them excel in HS and college, but needed more football skills to compete at the highest level. Davis got there. Hopefully the other two guys will as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=