Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Steve Melewski ‏@masnSteve 6m

Orioles released minor lg Ps David Baker, Matt Bywater, Eric Wooten, Cameron Coffey, C Adam Davis & Kevin Dultz, D. Leonora, Tim Smith

tough to see some of these guys go, as I have met a few of them before.

Cameron Coffey never could find that lost velocity. Threw more off-speed last season than any other pitcher I saw. Tough to see, but it is no surprise. He was essentially 85-88 last year and occasionally would touch 90 mph. His secondary stuff is not too shabby, but you cannot live off that if it isn't too different from the fastball. Hopefully he is able to find that velocity again.

#2 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

tough to see some of these guys go, as I have met a few of them before.

Cameron Coffey never could find that lost velocity. Threw more off-speed last season than any other pitcher I saw. Tough to see, but it is no surprise. He was essentially 85-88 last year and occasionally would touch 90 mph. His secondary stuff is not too shabby, but you cannot live off that if it isn't too different from the fastball. Hopefully he is able to find that velocity again.

It sucks when you meet really good guys, you want them to do well, but sometimes things like this happen. Coffey is kind of a reminder that not EVERYONE comes back 100% after injuries. Had a ton of potential, just caught some bad breaks.
@JeremyMStrain

#3 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Steve Melewski ‏@masnSteve 1h

Among 8 players released from O's minors today are Ps Jaime Esquivel, Pat Egan, Chase Johnson and OFs Jeremy Nowak, & Chris Pettit.

Also released were IF Chris Wade, OF Will Howard and OF Buddy Sosnoskie. That is 22 minor league players released since March 21.

I was surprised by Esquivel.
I wrote on twitter: FB 88-92 last year with some deception.Very skinny,needed to grow into frame.CU and CH needed work. Guess O's didn't see growth. He did battle injuries the past few years as well. I had him as my #29 prospect heading into the offseason.
http://baltimorespor... ... ist-30-21/

#4 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Steve Melewski ‏@masnSteve 6m

The Orioles have released Adam Greenberg and catcher Joe Oliveira from minors.

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I was surprised by Esquivel.
I wrote on twitter: FB 88-92 last year with some deception.Very skinny,needed to grow into frame.CU and CH needed work. Guess O's didn't see growth. He did battle injuries the past few years as well. I had him as my #29 prospect heading into the offseason.
http://baltimorespor... ... ist-30-21/

I agree, I thought Esquivel was a guy they could try to develop at least as a bullpen arm.

#6 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

How did Greenberg look? Any chance of him catching on elsewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=