#141 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm curious as to what the contract situation is like with Bundy upon his return. Let's assume he is in Baltimore by September of 2014. How many options do we have left, when is he arbitration eligible, etc.?

#142 Jon Shepherd

Jon Shepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm curious as to what the contract situation is like with Bundy upon his return. Let's assume he is in Baltimore by September of 2014. How many options do we have left, when is he arbitration eligible, etc.?

He will have three options left.

His arbitration status will still be determined by service time as an MLB player.  He was injured as a minor leaguer, so it does not count for service time.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#143 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

He will have three options left.

His arbitration status will still be determined by service time as an MLB player.  He was injured as a minor leaguer, so it does not count for service time.

OK, so despite the delay in his helping the big league team, the O's really aren't going to be behind the 8-ball from a flexibility standpoint with him? That's somewhat of a silver lining. I thought I heard that somehow whenever they optioned him upon his return to the DL to "get right" in the minors, that would be burning another option.

#144 Jon Shepherd

Jon Shepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

OK, so despite the delay in his helping the big league team, the O's really aren't going to be behind the 8-ball from a flexibility standpoint with him? That's somewhat of a silver lining. I thought I heard that somehow whenever they optioned him upon his return to the DL to "get right" in the minors, that would be burning another option.

He will be on the minor league DL the rest of the year.  He will likely be optioned next year.  So after next year...he can be shuttled back and forth for a couple more seasons.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#145 Thyrl

Thyrl
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

He will be on the minor league DL the rest of the year.  He will likely be optioned next year.  So after next year...he can be shuttled back and forth for a couple more seasons.

The O's get a wash on this year, but one was spent in 2012, presumably another in 2014 if he spends 90 days on an active roster. Wouldn't that just leave 1 for 2015?

@Thyrl

#146 Jon Shepherd

Jon Shepherd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

The O's get a wash on this year, but one was spent in 2012, presumably another in 2014 if he spends 90 days on an active roster. Wouldn't that just leave 1 for 2015?

He has one spent for last year...this year they are giving the Orioles an extra one...2014 would be the third and 2015 with be the fourth.

I may have written it poorly before.

#147 Thyrl

Thyrl
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

He has one spent for last year...this year they are giving the Orioles an extra one...2014 would be the third and 2015 with be the fourth.

I may have written it poorly before.

In hindsight it was pretty smart of the Orioles not to send him to a short season club in 2011 then huh?

@Thyrl

#148 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Sports on Earth: Twins pitcher Kyle Gibson adjusts to life after TJ
http://www.sportsone...ticle/53632434/

Every pitcher's story after surgery is unique, but interesting looking at this story on Gibson and thinking about Bundy.

#149 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

11. Dylan Bundy, RHP | Baltimore Orioles (age 20)
Current level: Has not played (injury)
Preseason ranking: 3

Bundy is out for the year after Tommy John surgery, and probably won't pitch again until mid-2014, pushing his timetable for a return to the majors back significantly.

There's at least an 80 percent chance that he comes back as good as he was before the elbow injury, and probably another 10 percent or so that he comes back as something almost as good, so the odds are the Orioles still have an elite pitching prospect on their hands. We just won't know for a while.

http://insider.espn....ct-baseball-mlb (Insider)

@levineps

#150 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

MASN: Bundy: "I feel fine and I'm right where I want to be"

http://www.masnsport...want-to-be.html

#151 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just curious, but do those plasma injections ever work? Seems as though all it does is delay the inevitable.

#152 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm  hoping for a scenario where Bundy is back on a MiL mound in mid-June, and joins the O's next September.

Anything better than that would be great. If that timetable does not work out, I'm fine as long it seems like he is progressing.

With the '13 season just ending, it sucks thinking about him likely not being available for all / most of '14.

Not having him around changed this season, and impacts next year as well. The O's certainly expected (with reason) for him to be positively impacting this year and next.

#153 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

MASN: Bundy progressing well
http://www.masnsport...a-and-more.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=