#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Don't usually care about this but think I might watch tomorrow just for Seth MacFarland.

#3 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

For me, I liked Silver Linings Playbook as Best Picture, although I absolutely adore Lincoln.

Argo is a good flick that anyone would enjoy, but I don't rate it as highly as the other two.

Les Mis is well behind those three.

Those are the only ones nominated that I have watched.

#4 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

For me, I liked Silver Linings Playbook as Best Picture, although I absolutely adore Lincoln.

Argo is a good flick that anyone would enjoy, but I don't rate it as highly as the other two.

Les Mis is well behind those three.

Those are the only ones nominated that I have watched.

I've only seen Django and Lincoln, but I think Lincoln would be a deserving winner. It was long and about a constitutional amendment- but I was enthralled the entire time.

Kicking myself for not seeing Les Mis in theaters, it's just about the only musical I really like, and don't feel like the small screen will do it the same justice.

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've only seen Django and Lincoln, but I think Lincoln would be a deserving winner. It was long and about a constitutional amendment- but I was enthralled the entire time.

Kicking myself for not seeing Les Mis in theaters, it's just about the only musical I really like, and don't feel like the small screen will do it the same justice.

Les Mis was amazing.

But Lincoln is my winner. Silver Linings Playbook was good, but not award worthy, IMO.

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Will win: Argo

Should win: Django Unchained

#7 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Will win: Argo

Should win: Django Unchained

I really liked Django, but it was no Inglorius Basterds. Pacing was just too slow for me, and I'm willing to indulge Tarantino.

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Don't have a dog in this race. Looper, The Grey and End of Watch we're probably my favorites this year but I did really like Django Unchained and Lincoln. Argo will probably win, but I think it's slightly overrated. ZDT was also really good, but somewhat hollow until the ending. I wish I would have seen Life of Pi.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

I really liked Django, but it was no Inglorius Basterds. Pacing was just too slow for me, and I'm willing to indulge Tarantino.

I agree IB is better but I still loved Django. The Master, Looper, Moonrise Kingdom, Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, and Silver Linings were some of my other favorites for 2012. Haven't seen Argo or Lincoln.

#10 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

My wife saw Amour and said it was probably the best movie of the nominees. But that's like, just her opinion, man.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#11 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

My wife saw Amour and said it was probably the best movie of the nominees. But that's like, just her opinion, man.

Really wanna see it. Sounds depressing but very well made. I think it's cool a foreign movie isn't just being relegated to Best Foreign Feature.

Beasts of the Southern Wild is overrated IMO. It's just ok for me. If I wouldn't have heard the buzz about it I never would've thought it was worthy of a nomination.

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Agreed. I thought the musical score was the best thing about the movie and it wasn't even nominated.

#13 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Agreed. I thought the musical score was the best thing about the movie and it wasn't even nominated.

Yeah exactly. The one scene I thought was great was 'the stare down'. And her performance was very good. But it didn't really do anything for me.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

The movie was like a poem. At times a line of dialog or a scene really got me, but the rest was just words on a page. The scene where she may have met her mother was awesome though. The lines where she mentioned the number of times she'd been carried was beautiful.

#15 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The movie was like a poem. At times a line of dialog or a scene really got me, but the rest was just words on a page. The scene where she may have met her mother was awesome though. The lines where she mentioned the number of times she'd been carried was beautiful.

Very well said.

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Whose idea was it to give Kristin Chenoweth, the lead-hosting role for the Oscars pre-show?
@levineps

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Ed Reed covering the Oscars for NFL network.

@ChrisBrockman: heading to #Oscars Red Carpet with the great Ed Reed, who is wearing a purple-tinted tux and these custom cuffs. http://t.co/u8xtkWuYzA

@ChrisBrockman: moments aways from even bigger stars than me and @TwentyER hitting the #Oscars Red Carpet. http://t.co/7FUXXiZiHw

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Seth MacFarland is great.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

@ChrisBrockman: former #Ravens cheerleader @StacyKeibler nearly tackled @TwentyER when she saw him. good form, too. #Oscars http://t.co/ylM3hVLddc

#20 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Seth MacFarland is great.

His Rhianna/Chris Brown joke was great, and so was his dig at Mel Gibson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=