#563 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 October 2022 - 08:45 PM

I feel like despite being a Dodger Julio Urias is underrated. Nobody ever talks about him amongst the elite arms in baseball.

Just me? Really feel like he flies under the radar.
  • BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#564 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 08:47 PM

37-10 last two season. Two sub 3 ERA seasons in a row. Averages a k/inning. Pretty much a WHIP of 1 last two years
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@bopper33

#565 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 October 2022 - 07:18 AM

He’s a stud. Feels like I only watch him pitch in October.

#566 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 12 October 2022 - 01:36 PM

I feel like despite being a Dodger Julio Urias is underrated. Nobody ever talks about him amongst the elite arms in baseball.

Just me? Really feel like he flies under the radar.

I think he probably gets hurt by some perception bias.  He burst onto the scene and was the hottest thing.  Arms injury nad came back in more limited roles and I think he kind of fell off the radar in terms of perception.  Been on fire the last 2 years, but once you leave people's minds in a certain way, harder to get back to the same spot.

#567 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:32 AM

Do you feel like they collapsed or lost a short series?

For me, I'm more impressed by them winning 111 games than I am down on them losing a short series.

That said it's a great season that wont be remembered because they didn't get it done in Oct.

#568 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:36 AM

Do you feel like they collapsed or lost a short series?

For me, I'm more impressed by them winning 111 games than I am down on them losing a short series.

That said it's a great season that wont be remembered because they didn't get it done in Oct.

I think it's an illustration of what expanded playoffs can do and the randomness of a short series. Now a 162-game season can be negated in the span of four or five days. No other sport has that ratio.

#569 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:38 AM

5 game series is pretty random. I will say that I agree with whoever said SD has that look. Watched the entire Mets series and you could tell they were just playing the much better baseball. Didnt see much of the Dodgers series but feel like it was the same. Thing is how quickly that flip can seemingly be switched. SD didnt play particularly well down the stretch. Philly limped to the finish line too but here we are with these 2 teams in the NLCS

#570 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 10:16 AM

#571 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 07:35 PM

Dodgers DFA Bauer. Wonder if he will ever throw another big league pitch. Might have to play in Mexico or something.

@bopper33

#572 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 11:47 PM

Dodgers DFA Bauer. Wonder if he will ever throw another big league pitch. Might have to play in Mexico or something.

Mexico deserves better than that. 

#573 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 04:14 AM

If Matt Harvey can get a job with a MLB organization, Bauer should be able to as well.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#574 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 04:40 AM

If Matt Harvey can get a job with a MLB organization, Bauer should be able to as well.

Harvey’s still a FA. 

Not that it matters (because the situations are not analogous), screw ‘em both.

#575 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 06:56 AM

Harvey’s still a FA.

Not that it matters (because the situations are not analogous), screw ‘em both.

Harvey pitched in the Orioles organization last year after his admission of doing drugs with and supplying drugs to Tyler Skaggs. He testified to these actions during the trial of Angels employee who did similar things with Skaggs. Harvey was also suspended 60 games for distributing oxycodone by MLB. The minor league games that he missed counted torward his MLB suspension and he pitched in the Orioles system last year after serving it. Based on this, while it's unlikely to happen,I have no issue with a team signing Bauer.

I do stand corrected that the Harvey and Bauer situations are not analogous. The charges against Bauer were dropped, so he never had to get an immunity deal and to testfy at another person's trial to avoid prison. More importantly, no one died as a direct or indirect result of Bauer's actions. Unfortunately,the same can't be said for Harvey.

#576 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 08:28 AM

Raping is worse than doing and selling drugs, IMO.

I wouldn't sign either guy. Hoping nobody signs Bauer but expecting someone will. Harvey's done because of performance, he'd get a job if anyone thought he could pitch.

#577 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 08:55 AM

Raping is worse than doing and selling drugs, IMO.

I wouldn't sign either guy. Hoping nobody signs Bauer but expecting someone will. Harvey's done because of performance, he'd get a job if anyone thought he could pitch.

Well Bauer was accused of sexual assault and the charges were dropped. Harvey sold drugs to Skaggs and other Angels players and admitted to it in a court of law. So there's that. I'll say neither is a good look for the players, team, or the league.

My general point that if Harvey could play after serving a suspension in the minors, I have no issue with Bauer playing after serving his. I don't think anyone is going to sign Bauer this season. There are still some accusations out there and I think he needs to get past those as well. I think he'll pitch in some independent league to knock off the rust. Tge best case for him is that some team signs him in season if and when the heat dies down.

#578 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 09:21 AM

Well Bauer was accused of sexual assault and the charges were dropped. Harvey sold drugs to Skaggs and other Angels players and admitted to it in a court of law. So there's that. I'll say neither is a good look for the players, team, or the league.

My general point that if Harvey could play after serving a suspension in the minors, I have no issue with Bauer playing after serving his. I don't think anyone is going to sign Bauer this season. There are still some accusations out there and I think he needs to get past those as well. I think he'll pitch in some independent league to knock off the rust. Tge best case for him is that some team signs him in season if and when the heat dies down.

Right, Bauer raped somebody (that's what it is when you perform sexual acts on someone against their will) and Harvey did and distributed drugs. I could envision a scenario where I forgive Harvey or someone else who did similarly for their actions in the future. I can't with Bauer.

I realize Bauer wasn't convicted, but that's not my burden of proof for thinking him guilty and not wanting any part of him. That's only the burden for the state to revoke his freedom and send him to jail. We are not beholden to that criteria. I'm quite comfortable from an ethical and logical standpoint with calling him a rapist. And I'd be pretty judgemental against any team that thought otherwise and signed him. Hoping nobody does.

#579 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 09:51 AM

Right, Bauer raped somebody (that's what it is when you perform sexual acts on someone against their will) and Harvey did and distributed drugs. I could envision a scenario where I forgive Harvey or someone else who did similarly for their actions in the future. I can't with Bauer.

I realize Bauer wasn't convicted, but that's not my burden of proof for thinking him guilty and not wanting any part of him. That's only the burden for the state to revoke his freedom and send him to jail. We are not beholden to that criteria. I'm quite comfortable from an ethical and logical standpoint with calling him a rapist. And I'd be pretty judgemental against any team that thought otherwise and signed him. Hoping nobody does.

Your righteousness igdignation comes dripping off this page. No surprises here.

You can call Bauer a rapist all you want.

The fact is the man was never charged or tried for that particular crime. Perhaps you should find your safe space since you are so frustrated by the injustice that was brought upon our society by the lack of criminal prosecution. Take care good sir, take care.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#580 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 10:02 AM

Your righteousness igdignation comes dripping off this page. No surprises here.

You can call Bauer a rapist all you want.

The fact is the man was never charged or tried for that particular crime. Perhaps you should find your safe space since you are so frustrated by the injustice that was brought upon our society by the lack of criminal prosecution. Take care good sir, take care.

And your insistence upon being acknowledged as a knuckle-dragging troglodyte (no offense intended to our paleo-ancestors) is noted. 

Harvey was caught up in one of the many drug cultures in MLB clubhouses. He also was in the chain of custody of a drug that was in Skaggs’ system. Bauer is a sadomasochist that prefers rough sex with incapacitated women. 

You’ve riled up the townsfolk with your #hottakes bro. Checkmate, next topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=