#601 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:04 PM

Torn ACL, out for the year. Dagger.

Lux is an OK player, but they'll be fine. Michael Busch, come on down.

#602 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:22 PM

Mateo for Ryan Pepiot.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#603 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:30 PM

Mateo for Ryan Pepiot.

Sold.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#604 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:37 PM

GG defense and 50 steals for a guy that will be a breakout star if he can get in a rotation? Win win.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#605 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 06:00 PM

GG defense and 50 steals for a guy that will be a breakout star if he can get in a rotation? Win win.

The new rules don't allow for stealing first base yet. (o;

Seriously though, the Dodgers would also want a close-to-equal prospect coming back. Pepiot is the 6th ranked prospect on MLB's Dodgers' prospect list. DL Hall is the O's 6th ranked. It makes little sense to flip pitching prospects like that, so #5 is Jordan Westburg, and #7 is Coby Mayo.

#606 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,759 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 06:32 PM

The new rules don't allow for stealing first base yet. (o;

Seriously though, the Dodgers would also want a close-to-equal prospect coming back. Pepiot is the 6th ranked prospect on MLB's Dodgers' prospect list. DL Hall is the O's 6th ranked. It makes little sense to flip pitching prospects like that, so #5 is Jordan Westburg, and #7 is Coby Mayo.

Man, I thought I was on the lower end of Mateo love but even I think he's worth more than nothing.
  • makoman likes this

#607 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 06:45 PM

Man, I thought I was on the lower end of Mateo love but even I think he's worth more than nothing.

If the Dodgers actually make Pepiot available for MLB-ready SS talent, you can bet it's going to cost a lot more than Mateo. And frankly, if Mateo could actually hit, the O's wouldn't consider moving him anyway. 

#608 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,950 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 08:42 PM

Ill pass on Dodgers prospects they make available.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#609 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,950 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 08:43 PM

Would be a hard sell for Elias to trade Mateo for a prospect to the general public.

#610 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,088 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:47 AM

Could put Henderson at SS and Westburg or Urias at 3rd. I think Elias could sell that.

Not expecting it though.

#611 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:59 AM

Could put Henderson at SS and Westburg or Urias at 3rd. I think Elias could sell that.

Not expecting it though.

Yeah would help our log jam a bit. Dodgers aren’t going to take a prospect back on this one, they have those, they want proven ML players but don’t want to add salary either. If they were willing to go defense and speed there I could see them swap a 1 for 1 prospect for it. Not a lot of places have the SS depth to make that trade with them so it’s this or they are shopping at the dollar tree to fill the gap. That’s a mistake that can cost you a whole season though. SS defense will seriously impact pitching performance. If you don’t think Mateo was a huge part of our staff over performing I don’t know what to say.
@JeremyMStrain

#612 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2023 - 11:33 AM

Would be a hard sell for Elias to trade Mateo for a prospect to the general public.

Like he cares anyway. But different if it’s a major league ready prospect. Also different when the guy being traded has a litany of MiF prospects who are seemingly ready behind him. I know you like to think the fans are all morons. Many do practice nuance and just happen to also have standards is all.

EDIT: see Stoner beat me to it

Def agree, buyer beware of anyone the Dodgers are willing to trade. Like the Braves in the 90’s. If someone is available, it’s because they’ve identified flaws internally.

#613 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:00 PM

Maybe we could pry away Yusniel Diaz, he’s looked good at times when healthy.

#614 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:26 PM

Like he cares anyway. But different if it’s a major league ready prospect. Also different when the guy being traded has a litany of MiF prospects who are seemingly ready behind him. I know you like to think the fans are all morons. Many do practice nuance and just happen to also have standards is all.

EDIT: see Stoner beat me to it

Def agree, buyer beware of anyone the Dodgers are willing to trade. Like the Braves in the 90’s. If someone is available, it’s because they’ve identified flaws internally.

I'd highly doubt they are WILLING to deal him, cause people I know have him picked as a breakout star this year, and if they already know, so do the Dodgers. But LA has a full rotation of veterans, with a couple more guys out with TJ that will be back next year, so chances are this kid sits in the minors all year anyway.

It was just me reaching cause he's on my list of guys I'd swipe before they get mainstream popular (hence why it's never good to play dynasty baseball against a prospect guy, they'll take 10 guys you've never heard of, and have the most loaded all star team you've ever seen in 3-4 years).

But there's a unique opportunity with LA cause they are FULL on in win now mode, with not much to replace him at SS in the org, and don't want to spend to acquire one. A cost effective guy that can win a gold glove at SS and steal you 50 bases makes up for the fact his hit tool is soft. They could hit him 8th, and he improves their entire pitching rotation with D, they were already planning on depending on a young kid for offense there, so the drop off isn't from Turner to him, it's from an unproven Lux to him.

Just saying, I could make a case. Both teams get something they need.

@JeremyMStrain

#615 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:28 PM

Maybe we could pry away Yusniel Diaz, he’s looked good at times when healthy.

People need to remember the Manny deal wasn't a deal, because we waited too long. We had zero leverage, and his value was about as bottom as you could get cause it was a true rental. (as he proved when he signed with their division rival) We were never getting anything good out of that trade, I'm actually surprised we got what we did out of it, because they waited a year too long. A year earlier, and Lux and another pitching prospect are probably the return.

@JeremyMStrain

#616 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:42 PM

People need to remember the Manny deal wasn't a deal, because we waited too long. We had zero leverage, and his value was about as bottom as you could get cause it was a true rental. (as he proved when he signed with their division rival) We were never getting anything good out of that trade, I'm actually surprised we got what we did out of it, because they waited a year too long. A year earlier, and Lux and another pitching prospect are probably the return.

Oh I know, I've always said Diaz was a fine headliner at the time. If last year was the real Kremer that would sure help too.

#617 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,950 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:45 PM

We were never getting anything good out of the Manny deal??

#618 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:48 PM

We were never getting anything good out of the Manny deal??

Relative to when they should've traded him (the previous off-season, or ideally, the previous season's trade deadline). 

#619 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,088 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 06:17 AM

CBS Sports: Dodgers rotation woes: Between injuries and inefficiencies, starting pitching struggling despite NL West lead

https://www.cbssport...e-nl-west-lead/

#620 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,088 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 08:27 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=