#41 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

I haven't seen the numbers myself (although I'm dying to) but I've been told that $$ wise, people from visiting cities contribute more money to the team than the Baltimore area. (I'm assuming they are counting Northern MoCo as part of the DC market) But seeing how they track purchases by zip code it raised an eyebrow for me.

Last I had heard was that the finalists for the classic were Nats Park, Fedex, and Byrd Stadium (or whatever they call it now).

Capital One Field and that would just be an awful idea. I guess that's a step up from RFK.

@levineps

#42 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Capital One Field and that would just be an awful idea. I guess that's a step up from RFK.

That's exactly why it got that spot, RFK just wasn't updated enough to handle it, although a walk through was had.

@JeremyMStrain

#43 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

That's exactly why it got that spot, RFK just wasn't updated enough to handle it, although a walk through was had.

Last time I was there was for the Military Bowl when Maryland played, end of 2010. It was pretty bad -- on the outside, on the inside. The one thing it has going for it is parking wouldn't be much of an issue and it's good public transportation wise.

@levineps

#44 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

@RobCarlinCSN Per @TSNBobMcKenzie, #Caps will host Chicago in Winter Classic.. Great choice to bring in team from Western Conference.. #CapitalsTalk

Venue not officially announced yet, but expected to be Nats Park.

@levineps

#45 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

@Bharper3407 Blackhawks and caps for stadium series in DC..can't wait for this! Going to be so epic! Da da da da da da da da...#Stadiumseries

@levineps

#46 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Such a gamble with the weather bringing it that far south. Could easily be 50 and sunny that day and look nothing like winter. Or get lucky and be cold and snowy.

Should be great though. I probably wont get a ticket but i'd spend the day down there for the festivities.
@BSLMikeRandall

#47 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Such a gamble with the weather bringing it that far south. Could easily be 50 and sunny that day and look nothing like winter. Or get lucky and be cold and snowy.

Should be great though. I probably wont get a ticket but i'd spend the day down there for the festivities.

Maybe they should the SB here, it worked out for NY after all.

If it's too warm that day, they'll just wait til night like they did in Pittsburgh.

After last winter, 50 sounds nice.

@levineps

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'm definitely going. And it's going to hurt (financially), but it'll be worth it.

#49 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm definitely going. And it's going to hurt (financially), but it'll be worth it.

How much are the cheapest tickets going to be? One advantage about FedEx would've been less scarcity, so tickets would've likely been cheaper.

Someone pointed out the Washington Football Team is playing December 28th, so the turnaround time would be next to impossible for having it New Years day.

@levineps

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,276 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

They had an outdoor game at Dodger Stadium this past season. I think I read that as long as it is under 65 degrees, they'll be OK as far as the ice. I'll take those odds for Jan 1 in DC.

• Mike in STL likes this

#51 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

WC confirmed for Nats Park

#52 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Winter Classic Sweater

Backstrom.jpg

#53 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

What's the deal with tickets to this thing?  I assume they will be hard to get.  Will the general public have any shot at getting them?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#54 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

What's the deal with tickets to this thing?  I assume they will be hard to get.  Will the general public have any shot at getting them?

Don't know -- what they did for Pittsburgh was allowed all Caps/Pens STHs to buy them. Obviously with the distance between here and Chicago, even if they offered the same deal, there wouldn't be the demand there from Blackhawk fans; at the same time, it's a smaller venue (about 25k less seats depending on how it's configured).

So if every Caps fan wants a ticket, that's 14k? I would think the NHL would give a great deal of them to sponsors and what not. I would guess there would be some "limited" sale or they would have a lottery for the remaining tickets left.

@levineps

#55 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

STH get first crack, and are allowed to buy up to 2 per seat they own (at least that's what we were told a while back). After that it'll be some set aside for CHC, some for sponsors, and the rest will be hard to come by, but will be some available.

@JeremyMStrain

#56 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

Time lapse of Natinals Park getting read for the Caps.

http://video.nhl.com...702275&catid=49

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#57 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

From WaPo:

Lee Greenwood will sing “God Bless the USA” at the Winter Classic, much to the dismay of fans

Is it really that big of a deal?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#58 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Meh. If they had Irving Berlin come out to sing "God Bless America" during the Seventh Inning Stretch at the World Series, I probably wouldn't change the channel.

@DJ_McCann

#59 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

From WaPo:

Lee Greenwood will sing “God Bless the USA” at the Winter Classic, much to the dismay of fans

Is it really that big of a deal?

I wish my life was easy enough so that something like this would "dismay" me.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#60 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Great start to the Classic. F16's 3rd WC goal gets the action started. Ovi's 1st out door goal adds a 2nd.

Ice looks perfect. Sun/shad looks annoying, but shouldn't be an issue come the 2nd period.

Hawks strike a few seconds into a power play, and it's 2-1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=