#2 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Nice write-up as always, Chris. It was a frustrating game, but they came out on top, which is obviously what's most important. It's tough to put a real positive spin on games like this, but let me try..

Whenever it comes tournament time and each team is having their resume reviewed, these games do not matter. I say that, meaning, they don't matter unless you lose them. Then they became one of those "bad losses". But assuming you take of business in the games your supposed to, a win is a win. You'll never hear Jay Bilas lobbying with, "Well, I'm just not sure if they're a tournament team. They only beat FIU by 4." Or on the flip side, "This team is impressive. Back in December, they beat FIU by 40 points." As long as you win these games, they are forgotten.

Also, I think it could be good for the team to be playing close games. They've had to deal with a lot of adversity the last 2 games. Should they have won both games by about 25 a piece? Sure. They didn't though. But it also would have been easy to get overwelmed in the situations they've been in. They know going in they're playing a lesser opponent. I'm sure a bit of panic had to have set in when they were down to FIU by 11 points. They responded though, and maybe these games can actually work out as better than if they would have been blow outs.

I'm optimistic right now. With Pe'Shon coming back next game and Len coming back the following game, the team should really start to come together. If they can take care of the games they should, they should enter ACC play at 10-3. The ACC is down this year. Aside from Duke and UNC, no one else is great. There will be plenty of opportunities to grab wins. I'm anxious to see what this team can become.

@AdamWolff

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm optimistic right now. With Pe'Shon coming back next game and Len coming back the following game, the team should really start to come together. If they can take care of the games they should, they should enter ACC play at 10-3. The ACC is down this year. Aside from Duke and UNC, no one else is great. There will be plenty of opportunities to grab wins. I'm anxious to see what this team can become.

Thx Adam! I agree with a lot of your sentiments here. Even though Colorado will be probably be in the middle of the Pac 12, and Notre Dame will be in the lower 1/3 of the Big East - those neutral court wins over major conference opponents will help later on. If the Terps can beat Temple in Philly, MD will have a decent OOC resume.

The offense is going to improve with Howard coming back, I have little doubt about that. Very good interior passer, capable of running the offense in the 1/2 court. Obviously you get the benefit of Faust going back to playing off the ball, and hopefully he can focus more on scoring instead of worrying about running the offense. You also get Howard's ability to hit open shots.

Len is a total wildcard. At a minimum he is going to add to the Front court depth. If he provides more than that, this team will take off.

Auslander and Thomas have been averaging a combined 16 minutes a game. That now ends.

MD might (probably will) go 0-5 against UNC, Duke, and at FSU... the other 11 ACC games, MD should be able to compete.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

CSN Baltimore / Chris Knoche: http://www.csnbaltim...538&feedID=6867

Terps Radio Analyst Chris Knoche with his review of last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=