HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

ESPN: Jim Harbaugh: Option ruling 'biased'

http://espn.go.com/n...awed-bit-biased

"I believe that when a quarterback is handing a ball off or faking a ball -- in the read-option case, he's reading on an option play and he's as defenseless as a quarterback who's in the act of throwing," Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh is a damn fool. 

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

According to redzone, the 49ers have suspended Aldon Smith indefinitely and he is going into rehab.

His locker has been cleaned out.

#44 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

According to redzone, the 49ers have suspended Aldon Smith indefinitely and he is going into rehab.

His locker has been cleaned out.

Of course they waited until after the game.

• SammyBirdland likes this

#45 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's actually not a suspension. It's voluntary.

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Of course they waited until after the game.

Dungy felt Harbs should have sat him...that he could have sent a message.

#47 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Sure looks like to me people have figured out the read option.  The one true qb Wilson looks like he is going to outlast them.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#48 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I think it's a combination of that and the Niners having no receiving weapons. Boldin had a huge week 1 no he's what the Ravens thought he'd be.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Sure looks like to me people have figured out the read option.  The one true qb Wilson looks like he is going to outlast them.

Niners actually haven't been using their Pistol, they've been operating a conventional offense.

#50 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, none of the teams have really been using the read option much. The Seahawks have and it's worked for them. Carolina rarely uses it, the 49ers haven't used it much, and we all know about the Redskins.

The Chiefs actually used it very well with Alex Smith in Week 2.

#51 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

I posted the following on the Ravens board in the Anquan Boldin thread...

"While many have been caught up in the read option euphoria, they've missed the big picture. When the misdirection, gets the defense to bite on something and when the run action sucks the defense in, it creates WRs/TEs running wide open; the result is easy pitch and catch type throws.

The flipside is when a good defense can stay disciplined and cover, the QB is forced to read the defense and deliver the football. The result is, well, exactly what happened on Sunday.

I also go back to the Super Bowl, Kaepernick was 0 for 8 in red zone passing attempts. Everything gets condensed, there's not a lot of space for the misdirection stuff to create easy reads, therefore the ball needs to be put into tight windows.

At this point in his development, Kaepernick doesn't have that in the bag. He can deliver bullets to open targets, outside of that, I haven't seen him really make consistent reads or have any kind of success on timing throws that need to go to a spot. He's still very much a collegiate type QB in that he needs to have an open man to throw to."

I'm not at all surprised to see Kaepernick stuggle. SF hasn't been running the ball at all. Not even just that they've been unsuccessful, they're just not getting Gore enough touches. That alone puts more pressure on Kaepernick.

Harbaugh is putting the fate of his team on the shoulders of a QB with 11 starts under his belt and a QB that's never really had to take 5-7 steps, break down a defense and then decide where to put the football. Kaepernick has essentially been running a college system and more often than not, throwing to the open man; rather than throwing to a spot, on time.

It's going to be interesting to see if Kaepernick can adjust but it's going to take a lot of work on his part. It seems to be that his throwing motion/mechanics need some work. He very much has a pitcher's mechanics and he essentially throws 1 type of ball; low, hard and fast.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

QR37J2L.png

Holy hyperbole, ESPN. Three games. Three. 

#53 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Why is a 49ers player checking out Harbaugh in that picture?

• Adam Wolff, You Play to Win the Game and SammyBirdland like this

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Niners Nation: 49ers vs. Colts All-22 Analysis - Offensive Woes Examined
http://www.ninersnat...e-woes-examined

#55 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Colin Kaepernick's immaturity has to be concerning to the front office.  It's like having a moody self-conscious teenager as the face of your multi-million (billion?) dollar franchise.   They need to ban him from all social media and bicep-kissing immediately until he realizes his role and the responsibility that comes with it.     

http://www.nfl.com/n...t-to-me-tonight

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Colin Kaepernick's immaturity has to be concerning to the front office.  It's like having a moody self-conscious teenager as the face of your multi-million (billion?) dollar franchise.   They need to ban him from all social media and bicep-kissing immediately until he realizes his role and the responsibility that comes with it.     

He has all the talent in the world...but give me Russell Wilson because of things like this.

• SammyBirdland likes this

#57 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Right. He beat the Rams.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Grantland: Deliberating the Niners
http://www.grantland...francisco-49ers

#59 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Holy overreaction.

#60 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

So the 49ers lost big to the Seahawks in Seattle (same as last year) and got beat handily at home by Indy (the Giants did the same last year), and we are already burying them? Haven't we learned by now how the NFL works?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=