1320 replies to this topic

#1201 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

He’s the first champion to submit three opponents in a row to defend his or her belt. He also tied the record for consecutive title defenses at 155 pounds at three, which I thought was a surprisingly low number.

#1202 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Just wow on that main event. One of the most impressive fights I've ever seen, both in terms of excellence and in terms of taking punishment on the other side.

#Blessed
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1203 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:32 PM

Just wow on that main event. One of the most impressive fights I've ever seen, both in terms of excellence and in terms of taking punishment on the other side.

#Blessed

Incredible performance

#1204 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

These start times are killing me. Missed the card. Anyway, Holloway has some motivation after that decision in the last Valkonovski fight. Deserves the title shot right away. Its 1-1 in all reality.

#1205 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,362 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

Marc Raimondi
An even more ridiculous number — Holloway's 445 significant strikes alone set the record for the most *combined* significant strikes in a UFC fight, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Holloway landed more significant strikes today than any two fighters in one fight in UFC history.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1206 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:04 PM

Marc Raimondi
An even more ridiculous number — Holloway's 445 significant strikes alone set the record for the most *combined* significant strikes in a UFC fight, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Holloway landed more significant strikes today than any two fighters in one fight in UFC history.

That’s insane!

#1207 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:15 AM

CBS Sports: UFC 257 predictions, prop bets, odds: Finding the best values for a loaded fight card on Fight Island

https://www.cbssport...n-fight-island/

#1208 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:50 AM

Conor looked good, just rusty. Missing punches that he’s usually super accurate with. Can’t do that against a killer like Poirier, who should be the undisputed lightweight champ right now.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1209 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:55 AM

Rusty for sure but I also think he's never been committed to being a complete all around MMA guy. He's a great MMA boxer but at this point the book is out on him. Grind on him just a bit and he'll fade. He can't make 145 anymore and he's what 1-2 as a lightweight? Is he even a legit Top 5 lightweight. You can be damn sure Gaethje would chop the hell out of those legs and Chandler and Olivera also are dangerous dudes.

#1210 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:31 AM

Rusty for sure but I also think he's never been committed to being a complete all around MMA guy. He's a great MMA boxer but at this point the book is out on him. Grind on him just a bit and he'll fade. He can't make 145 anymore and he's what 1-2 as a lightweight? Is he even a legit Top 5 lightweight. You can be damn sure Gaethje would chop the hell out of those legs and Chandler and Olivera also are dangerous dudes.

Gaethje is for sure his worst matchup at 155 and I would pick him to lose that fight every time. But I think he’s competitive against everyone else. Hope he enjoyed the payday from the Mayweather fight because it cost him a lot of legacy in the world of MMA with the time he missed.

#1211 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:50 AM

All the credit in the world for what he did at featherweight. He beat Holloway, Porier, and Aldo in that division. Its been a different story since having to move up. He's a tier below the best guys and he doesn't need to or want to battle the 2nd tier guys. I think he'll eventually come back for the trilogy fight against Diaz but besides that Im not sure if he'll do any other MMA fights.

#1212 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:51 AM

Also, please do Khabib and GSP at 160 or 165.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1213 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:19 AM

Also, please do Khabib and GSP at 160 or 165.

It’s the only fight that makes sense for him to come back for. Or Usman for the 170 belt but it’s not like he would stick around to defend it.

#1214 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

All the credit in the world for what he did at featherweight. He beat Holloway, Porier, and Aldo in that division. Its been a different story since having to move up. He's a tier below the best guys and he doesn't need to or want to battle the 2nd tier guys. I think he'll eventually come back for the trilogy fight against Diaz but besides that Im not sure if he'll do any other MMA fights.

I think he stays active for a while essentially alternating wins and losses for big paychecks. Kind of like Uriah Faber, always one fight away from a title shot.

Fighters never know when to quit.

#1215 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:07 PM

I think he stays active for a while essentially alternating wins and losses for big paychecks. Kind of like Uriah Faber, always one fight away from a title shot.

He probably can still go make a bunch of money boxing. Postfight presser he was saying he'll be back. Said he wants Dustin for the trilogy fight. We'll see. Dustin says he won't fight Chandler next and it sounds like he was angling to fight Connor again for the belt. Obviously Connor doesn't deserve a title fight right now off of two losses in the division but I certainly could see it happening.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1216 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:12 PM

It’s the only fight that makes sense for him to come back for. Or Usman for the 170 belt but it’s not like he would stick around to defend it.

Not sure who you were talking about here. I think Khabib is the only guy who GSP will come back for. Seems to me like Khabib will eventually be back at some point to get 30. Maybe more.

#1217 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:21 PM

Not sure who you were talking about here. I think Khabib is the only guy who GSP will come back for. Seems to me like Khabib will eventually be back at some point to get 30. Maybe more.

My bad, Khabib is who I was referencing.

#1218 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:18 PM

Looks like he'll get an an immediate rematch with Dustin. Likely for the title. He shouldn't be getting a title fight coming off two losses in the division but here we are nonetheless
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1219 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

CBS Sports: UFC 259: Israel Adesanya has ambitious plans ahead, including attempting to become a three-division champion

https://www.cbssport...ision-champion/

#1220 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:05 AM

This Yan/Sterling fight. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. Just wow. Yan was just dominating that fight. Completely unnecessary, I just can't believe he did this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=