2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Since I'm a sucker for Criminal Minds type TV shows I had to record the Pilot episode that aired last night. After watching it, gotta say I'm hooked so far and gonna set up the recorder to do a season pass on new episodes.

If you missed it their will be a re-air on Friday at 9 PM, or you can watch it directly at their website -

http://www.fox.com/the-following/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I don't know how I feel about it yet. Every critical review I've seen and heard so far just pans the show, and watching it I saw a lot of the same problems. But I did find myself intrigued. The question now is whether that interest can be stoked, like it was with Revolution this fall, or falls away quickly, like with Terra Nova last year.

Bacon was really good, though I don't know if that's enough to keep me watching.

#3 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

We'll see how it goes. I wonder if they're planning multiple seasons or if it's supposed to me more of a mini-series. I can see them following this storyline for the 14 episodes or whatever, but it will get tired if it's the same antagonist over multiple seasons, I think. I guess I could see a multiple-season arc if say, one of the followers becomes more powerful than Carroll. If there ends up being some in-fighting between them, where he ends up as kind of an antihero in trying to hunt the rogue killer down or whatever, I could see that carrying the show a bit, with a return to the main conflict after that is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=