Photo

Testudo Times: Ricardo Young transferring to MD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,984 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Testudo Times: http://www.testudoti...ing-to-maryland

"Young is a 2010 guy originally, where he was a three-star and picked VT over Maryland, Cincinnati, Louisville, Syracuse, Virginia, and West Virginia, among others. He's a dual-threat guy with impressive athleticism, so he should be able to play the same way as C.J. Brown, which should help avoid that weird "runner vs. passer" thing last year. He doesn't have a very strong arm but scouts loved his timing and short-to-intermediate accuracy, which would make him a very good spread QB.

I have no idea when he'd be able to play, though. The timeline is a little confusing. Young redshirted at VT in 2010, but after a year - in August of 2011 - he decided to transfer and landed at New Mexico, where he'd have to sit out a year due to transfer rules. He was only there for a few months, though, as Locksley was fired in late September and Young left about a week later in October. Then Young landed in Iowa Western Community College."

#2 Baltimore Chop

Baltimore Chop
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

If he's transferring in, I would think he'll be able to play in the fall. I don't see why Edsall would want him with a couple of good QBs coming in this year.
Perception is reality.

#3 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

If he's transferring in, I would think he'll be able to play in the fall. I don't see why Edsall would want him with a couple of good QBs coming in this year.

Well Edsall would want him because CJB is almost a lock to get hurt with the way he plays, and you'd really prefer to let your freshmen QBs redshirt if possible.

Having said that, guys that bounce around a lot usually (not always) bounce around a lot for a reason. I don't know when he'd be able to play, and I wouldn't put much hope in him when he could.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=