• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#81 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

On the mobile site or full site? Can you walk me through that?

I use the full site on my phone.

On my phone or laptop, when I want to make all read... I scroll to the bottom of any page, and use the 'Mark Community Read' option.

When I want to see what sections have new comments... I go to the main forum page (http://www.baltimore...life.com/forum/) and see the icon indicating new comments in the respective forums.

#82 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

I use the full site on my phone.

Well, that's not what any of us is talking about, Chris :P

@DJ_McCann

#83 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

I've never even got an option to use any mobile version but the full version...  so that's me being confused, and apologies on that... but with the full site completely useable on the phone, that seems like the ideal option to me.  (Yes, I've read the comments of why users enjoy TapaTalk... and that's fine.)

#84 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

I've never even got an option to use any mobile version but the full version...  so that's me being confused, and apologies on that... but with the full site completely useable on the phone, that seems like the ideal option to me.  (Yes, I've read the comments of why users enjoy TapaTalk... and that's fine.)

Except that "completely usable" means different things to different people. I find it to be a pain, but the mobile site works fine for me (other than no likes, which is only occasionally a problem), so I also don't need Tapatalk. If it was just the full site or paying for Tapatalk, I would never use the site on my phone.

@DJ_McCann

#85 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

Yeah there's no way I'd use the full site on my phone unless it was the only way I could read about breaking news on a trade or FA signing while I was out.

The mobile site does seem pretty good but I'll continue to use Tapatalk until that's no longer an option.

And no that's not a "threat" Cisc-O...
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

On the full version, scroll to the bottom and you'll see in the bottom left an option to use the mobile version.

Using the desktop version would be an option on a tablet, but far from ideal on a phone, although I'm glad that works for you. ;)
  • BobPhelan likes this

#87 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

On the plus side, I just made a few moves in Words With Friends on my phone... After a minute or so some stupid song/ad played for 30 seconds out of nowhere. A reminder that it can definitely always be worse.

#88 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

On the plus side, I just made a few moves in Words With Friends on my phone... After a minute or so some stupid song/ad played for 30 seconds out of nowhere. A reminder that it can definitely always be worse.

Unfortunately AdBlock for Android isn't much help either.

#89 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

How many people are utilizing TapaTalk?

I'm of the opinion it's hurting us more then providing any help.

For those of you who are using TT... would be appreciated if you would try solely using the Mobile version over the next Month.

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

I'll give it a shot. But I'm not gonna like it. ;)

#91 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

I'm in Tapatalk and honestly can say I wouldn't be here if you weren't in there. In fact I stopped going to OH for that exact reason. I know the mobile sites are fine but this is just much easier. Just my $.02
  • BobPhelan likes this

#92 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

I'm in Tapatalk and honestly can say I wouldn't be here if you weren't in there. In fact I stopped going to OH for that exact reason. I know the mobile sites are fine but this is just much easier. Just my $.02

But for me, you effectively aren't here.

I don't get the pageviews of you being here on Taptalk. 

Which makes it that much harder to sell advertising, etc.    And unlike OH, you don't pay anything to be a member here.

#93 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

It's the only way I visit message boards anymore. But I'll try my best to get into the habit of using the mobile site for you Chris. Gonna be tough to give up that convenience though.

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thx all.

Trying to do 2 things here...

1) Get a handle on who is using TapaTalk, and see just how much it's impacting us...

2) Get users who are using TapTalk to legitimately try out the Mobile site for a month....

My sense is that there will be at-least an initial adjustment, and probably some complaints... but over the course of the month it should become more normal...

After the month, I can hear what you guys think after having tried it out for awhile... and I'll also be able to see how that usage has impacted our numbers.

#95 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

I use it a lot

@fuzydunlop

#96 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

I never use it. I do Mobile sometimes but more often I just go to the "desktop" version on my phone and zoom in. Not a big deal to me to do that. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#97 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

I never use it. I do Mobile sometimes but more often I just go to the "desktop" version on my phone and zoom in. Not a big deal to me to do that. 

Right.  The big drawback to the mobile site is that you can't (unless I'm just unaware) view unread posts in reverse order.  Like on the desktop version when you click 'view new content'.  

• BobPhelan likes this

@fuzydunlop

#98 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

I've almost exclusively used tapatalk out of convenience, but I'll start going to mobile site more often. Didn't realize it was taking from your numbers.

#99 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

I use Tapatalk on my phone constantly. As said by others, it's easy and convenient. However, when I am at work I always read the site via my computer at work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
@MKlein76

#100 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Like IG stated the mobile versions on all websites piss me off. I just use the desktop version at the bottom of the website.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=