http://baltimorespor...aryland-at-unc/

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Would be a really big win for the Terps if they can pull it off. I don't think they can unless they can improve on the way the offense has played the last 3 games. It's really been quite bad. Need more consistency and to be able to knock down open shots, either jumpers from outside or finishing at the glass.

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Would be a really big win for the Terps if they can pull it off. I don't think they can unless they can improve on the way the offense has played the last 3 games. It's really been quite bad. Need more consistency and to be able to knock down open shots, either jumpers from outside or finishing at the glass.

Well consistency is just as much an issue for UNC, so I'm not sure I have a "Hope the Terps can pull it off" type mindset for this game. If UNC shows up and plays their game, it'll be tough... but I actually like the Terps chances of winning.

Like Stoner said in his preview, to make the NC State win hold up, the Terps need to build on that and go on a roll a bit. They need to win this game. Interesting how closely they match-up in assists and rebounds.

I'm bordering on confident in this game, because while both teams have been inconsistent, the Terps appear to be more consistently committed to playing quality defense. I think this gives them a good shot. I'll go MD 63 - Heels 57.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm bordering on confident in this game, because while both teams have been inconsistent, the Terps appear to be more consistently committed to playing quality defense.

No doubt about that. The Terps certainly have played great defense so far during ACC play.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

MD wearing their 'Stealth Pride' uniforms tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/...2811905/photo/1

#6 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I just hope it's a good game, the Heels played their best game of the season last Saturday in Tallahassee, so we'll see how far the momentum can carry us.

Best of luck you guys..
@beginthebegin71

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I just hope it's a good game, the Heels played their best game of the season last Saturday in Tallahassee, so we'll see how far the momentum can carry us.

Best of luck you guys..

Should be a good game. I felt better about the game before looking closer at the UNC numbers. I'll feel good if MD can leave Chapel Hill with the win.

Preview from Testudo Times: http://www.testudoti...view-conference

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

How is this team going to come from behind should Carolina jump out to a 10 point lead at some point. Right now, there is just no confidence in our offense playing well, especially on the road.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

How is this team going to come from behind should Carolina jump out to a 10 point lead at some point. Right now, there is just no confidence in our offense playing well, especially on the road.

They'll score points in transition today. Roy Williams wants an attacking offense which gets up the court. That leaves them vulnerable on the back-end.

In the last 3 games, MD has scored 62, 47, and 51 points. I would expect 70 points from the Terps today.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I think the Terps are much better offensively then we are seeing. I agree with Chris today's game will be up tempo and there will be more scoring. I want Faust on the point most of the game. Howard was never that quick and the injuries slowed him a little more. Faust is the best option right now.
@mikeghg

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Terrible start. Looks like Turgeon is going to pull a Turgeon with 5 new players in at the next timeout.

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Carolina looks ready to roll and Terps are rattled. Need to settle down.
@mikeghg

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Need to slow down Bullock. He's got 10 points already, in a flash.

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

This just isn't a good team. Point blank.

I'm not sure which is worse. Ball handling, shooting, or basketball IQ. They just don't do anything well offensively. Not a thing. There is no glimmers of hope on the offensive end of the court. We can forget this year. They'll be games where we shoot well enough and we'll win but we're not consistent enough to win 11+ conference games.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm not sure which is worse. Ball handling, shooting, or basketball IQ. They just don't do anything well offensively. Not a thing. There is no glimmers of hope on the offensive end of the court. We can forget this year. They'll be games where we shoot well enough and we'll win but we're not consistent enough to win 11+ conference games.

This is a god awful start, and they're going through some growing pains right now, but pump the brakes a bit... I'm not ready to say goodbye to this season already.

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

There is good talent on the team. Way to early to write them off.
@mikeghg

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

They are going from playing one on one to trying to be too force the ball into the post. Spacing is very poor, no rhythm. they are playing on zero confidence right now.
@mikeghg

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Eventually you guys will realize they do nothing well offensively. Not a thing. This isn't an overreaction to an 8 min stretch of basketball. Be my huest if you guys want to continue to watch stupid, horrible basketball.

#19 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

They'll score points in transition today. Roy Williams wants an attacking offense which gets up the court. That leaves them vulnerable on the back-end.

In the last 3 games, MD has scored 62, 47, and 51 points. I would expect 70 points from the Terps today.

Well the pace is there for 70 pints. Unfortunately you underestimate just how pathetic this team is offensively. They'll be lucky to score 50 again.

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,534 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Eventually you guys will realize they do nothing well offensively. Not a thing. This isn't an overreaction to an 8 min stretch of basketball. Be my huest if you guys want to continue to watch stupid, horrible basketball.

I admit that you're views here are becoming a fear of mine. Needless to say, I'm giving it more time and hoping you're wrong. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=