#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

CSN Baltimore: Tentative Plans for Bundy, Gausman
http://www.csnbaltim...an-start-minors

The Orioles’ tentative plans are to start both Bundy and Gausman where they ended last year, with the Baysox. The Orioles can keep an eye on them, and it’s great news for local fans who might want to do some scouting.

I still fully expect to see Bundy in the O's rotation by the end of May, early June.

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

How much time do they see in AAA?

I would set the O/U at 49.2 AAA innings...I say they both go under.

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

How much time do they see in AAA?

I would set the O/U at 49.2 AAA innings...I say they both go under.

Probably split the starts. One month in AA, one month in AAA and then make a decision after.
@JeremyMStrain

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Will they just keep them in Bowie for the sake of proximity, and since the competition in AAA isn't much better?

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Will they just keep them in Bowie for the sake of proximity, and since the competition in AAA isn't much better?

No. AAA is better than AA. It's true that sometimes most of the best prospects in the game are at AA, but it's not true that the competition level is similar. The minor league journeymen that compromise a good portion of the players at AAA are better than their counterparts at AA.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

No. AAA is better than AA. It's true that sometimes most of the best prospects in the game are at AA, but it's not true that the competition level is similar. The minor league journeymen that compromise a good portion of the players at AAA are better than their counterparts at AA.

That and there are a ton of ML depth at the AAA level, guys on other teams that would be on 25 man rosters. But individually there are usually better prospects at the AA level. The good ones don't tend to stay in AAA long, but spend full seasons in AA.
@JeremyMStrain

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes, it's better... but I wouldn't be surprised if they forego AAA. Just a thought, not making any predictions or saying which is better.

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yes, it's better... but I wouldn't be surprised if they forego AAA. Just a thought, not making any predictions or saying which is better.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them foregoes AAA. The thinking would be one of them could get the call if we need a starter early in the year while they are both still at AA. But I don't think that either will skip AAA as a developmental strategy or because Bowie is closer than Norfolk. Instead it would be out of the needs of the parent club.

#9 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I hope we don't see them before September. That would mean we have 5 good, healthy starters all year long. As it is, I think you'll see Wada, Britton, Steve Johnson, and maybe even Arrieta get shots (assuming someone gets injured and pitches themselves out of the rotation) before Bundy and Gausman, UNLESS Bundy and/or Gausman are totally dominating. I suspect Bundy and Gausman put up solid numbers in AA and spend most of the season there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=