#1 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

BSL: 2012 Orioles Prospect Tools Rankings http://baltimorespor... ... -rankings/

All comments and questions are welcome. I'm sure there will be some!
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Nice work. A very enjoyable read.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Enjoyed this Tucker. The defensive comments on Schoop, and Hoes were interesting. Made me like both players more than I had.

#4 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Thanks guys.

I have always been hard on Schoop's defense simply because I see that he can certainly improve. But he still is near the top of the list defensively within the system. Part of that is due to it being a thing system, but he also has worked hard to get better.

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Good stuff Tucker.

#6 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Brandon Waring top 5 for power Tucker?
@JeffLongBP

#7 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Brandon Waring top 5 for power Tucker?

I would probably have Townsend and Waring as my next two off the top of my head, although power is really the only hitting tool from Waring that I truthfully like.

Watch Delmonico in the next year or two. Could easily pop up within the top 3 with a little growth. There is already a little loft in his swing even though he's mostly a line-drive type of hitter.

By the way, if you could not tell, very weak system in terms of Power.

#8 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I would probably have Townsend and Waring as my next two off the top of my head, although power is really the only hitting tool from Waring that I truthfully like.

Watch Delmonico in the next year or two. Could easily pop up within the top 3 with a little growth. There is already a little loft in his swing even though he's mostly a line-drive type of hitter.

By the way, if you could not tell, very weak system in terms of Power.

Yeah, that's why I was kind of shocked Waring wasn't in your top 3 haha.
Getting a little better slowly but surely.

I love Delmonico. I know his stats weren't great in A-ball, but he has a great swing, though it can be a little long at times. Lots of upside there. Does he profile as average in the field at 1B or 3B?
@JeffLongBP

#9 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, that's why I was kind of shocked Waring wasn't in your top 3 haha.
Getting a little better slowly but surely.

I love Delmonico. I know his stats weren't great in A-ball, but he has a great swing, though it can be a little long at times. Lots of upside there. Does he profile as average in the field at 1B or 3B?

Some people I talk to about Delmonico think he could eventually move to RF. I think he could be fine at 1B defensively for now. I think he is done at 3B, at least you kinda get that impression.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I've looked at Hoes as a 4th OF time with better upside than Avery. The main thing I've liked about Hoes was his plate discipline.

When he moved from 2nd to the OF, I lost some interest, because I was not sure how well he profiled as a corner OF. Then I soured a bit more when I had heard concerns of his OF defense.

Tucker has him as having being the 3rd best defensive OF in the system, with the 2nd best arm. So if you have an average to above-average defensive LF, with athleticism, and plate discipline; you have an interesting prospect.

He might never be more than a 4th OF, but maybe he has the upside of a poor man's Victorino?

Interesting year for Hoes coming. He had 317 ab's at Norfolk. Got 70 more in the AFL. Turns 23 in March. He can't step back at all. He had 23 doubles in 513 ab's (AA & AAA) last year. I'd like to see him closer to a 40-45 double pace, even if the homers don't go up much. Has to continue to walk at the level he has, and improve his SB to CS ratio (20/12).

#11 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Gausman's fastball seems like a superior pitch to Bundy's. Much better plane, multiple looks, better velo track record.

I think Hoes is an everyday bat, and can be good enough defensively to be an asset as a LF.
@NickJFaleris

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Gausman's fastball seems like a superior pitch to Bundy's. Much better plane, multiple looks, better velo track record.

I think Hoes is an everyday bat, and can be good enough defensively to be an asset as a LF.

Interesting note about Gausman's and Bundy's fastballs. Look forward to seeing and comparing them in the relatively near-term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=