HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Washington Times: 7 straight wins, but Terps won't brag
http://www.washingto...erps-wont-brag/

I was surprised there was still a Washington Times, but none the less, it was an interesting article. I get the feeling that Turgeon really likes his team but wants to keep both fan expectations and his teams on a tight rope.
I like the idea at Faust at point. I thought he played his best last year there, and until Peters gets in he may be the best suited to play there.
This would free up Allen to join Aronhalt as the outside threats.
@mikeghg

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I was surprised there was still a Washington Times, but none the less, it was an interesting article.

I saw on Twitter they were laying off some of their sports department. They demolished the whole sports department 3-4 years ago, but brought it back I think two years later.
@levineps

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Not sure what there is to "brag" about, the only game you could argue that they could've lost was Northwestern. The rest of the games have been against schools many haven't heard of.
@levineps

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not sure what there is to "brag" about, the only game you could argue that they could've lost was Northwestern. The rest of the games have been against schools many haven't heard of.

George Mason is more talented than Northwestern, but yeah, I agree.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

I was surprised there was still a Washington Times, but none the less, it was an interesting article.

Patrick Stevens is one of the best locally. We've interviewed him a couple of times, and had him on one of our podcasts. Always prepared, with good info.

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

George Mason is more talented than Northwestern, but yeah, I agree.

My bad, I had actually forgotten about Mason when I made the post. Northwestern did beat Baylor FWIW, probably a fluke but still notable. It makes their work a little better, but I think the most they would lose after Kentucky would've been one game anyways, when they had an "off-day," and it still could happen. The headline itself was overstated, as if they were winning games they shouldn't have been.
@levineps

#8 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

This is one of the most humble Maryland teams I have seen. They go about their business with class. I believe this will help them in the long run. They are a team that will be pushing for the ACC crown in my opinion. I don't think they can take it from duke, but they will challenge them.
@Langley486

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,272 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Patrick Stevens is one of the best locally. We've interviewed him a couple of times, and had him on one of our podcasts. Always prepared, with good info.

He's my favorite Terps beat-writer, by far. He's great about responding/interacting with his Twitter followers too. If the Times folds its sports department (again) I hope he's able to continue on his own like he did before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=