#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Maryland enters the game:

Points Per Game: 75.1 (66th Nationally)
Rebounds Per Game: 46.9 (1st Nationally)
Assists Per Game 18 (8th Nationally)
Field Goal Pct .476 (36th Nationally)

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

UMES is 0-7, 0-1 in the MEAC. They played South Florida, and lost by 19.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Allen, Layman, and Cleare starting tonight with Wells, and Padgett.

No Len to start?

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Nice move in the post from Cleare.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

MD up 16-6, Cleare and Layman playing well.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Up 20-13 at the 13 minute mark. Few defensive lapses, 5 subs including Faust, Len, Howard.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

49-28 at the half.

Still too many turnovers.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Aronhalt has hit four 3's... Faust showing his explosion in transition.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I think there are 346 Division 1 teams... UMES probably is no better than 340.

MD has shown in this game both the reasons why they will be so dangerous this year, and their biggest issues as a team overall.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Terps win 100-68.

Nice moment at the end of the game. MD's walkons in the game, getting cheered on loudly by the starters.

MD shot 61% from the floor. 10 of 21 from 3. Only 14-22 from the line.

Shaq Cleare had 16, Aronhalt had 17. Allen, Faust, Layman each had 10. Len had 9, Padgett had 8. Wells took a spill early in the game going hard to the rim. He did come back and play a few minutes later in the game.

#12 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Very nice to see Aronhalt showing off his skill from range. Seems like one of those X factors for the Terps this season.

This is the most excited I've been about a Terps team in many years. What a deep, talented group of players.

@AdamWolff

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

I think Turgeon sends messages to his players. Changing the starters not only gets him a chance to look at guys in different situations but tells the starters not to get too comfortale. Maryland could have won by 70 tonight if he wanted.
@mikeghg

#14 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Really cool game last night. Aronhalt is going to be awesome in those ACC games, and could become one of the best bench players in the country. We finally have that guy to go to when we need a 3-pointer. I liked the fact that Turgeon played the bench guys more than the starters. These next 5 games are a chance for the starters to get some more rest and tune-up their game before ACC play starts. This team is looking extremely good, and should be ranked in the Top 25 very soon.
@BSLZackKiesel

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Very nice to see Aronhalt showing off his skill from range. Seems like one of those X factors for the Terps this season.

This is the most excited I've been about a Terps team in many years. What a deep, talented group of players.

Aronhalt has been knocking down three's pretty consistently now the past few games... I agree, he certainly is an X factor, especially if he can do that against some of the better competition to open up the post where we should dominate most games.

Also, couldn't agree with you more about how exciting this is. I think it's a joke at this point that we're not ranked... but the OOC schedule is what it is... and by Turg's own admittance, he underestimated this team.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Aronhalt is going to be awesome in those ACC games, and could become one of the best bench players in the country.

I think his lack of any other skills will keep him from being anywhere near one of the best bench guys in the ACC, yet alone nationally. But, his one strong skill is something we sorely need. He'll certainly remain a fixture in the rotation and will have great use as a zone buster or when teams try to pack it in and double our big men.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think his lack of any other skills will keep him from being anywhere near one of the best bench guys in the ACC, yet alone nationally. But, his one strong skill is something we sorely need. He'll certainly remain a fixture in the rotation and will have great use as a zone buster or when teams try to pack it in and double our big men.

Yeah, I would describe it as his zone busting shooting will make him one of the most important bench players Nationally.

After the George Mason game, Turgeon talked about how going from a 10 man rotation to an 8 man rotation by the time ACC play starts. I found that interesting.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, I would describe it as his zone busting shooting will make him one of the most important bench players Nationally.

After the George Mason game, Turgeon talked about how going from a 10 man rotation to an 8 man rotation by the time ACC play starts. I found that interesting.

He's not likely gonna average more than maybe 7-8 ppg and 15 or so minutes max. I really doubt he'll be making a major impact compared to many other 6th men around the country.

I think he'll be very important for the Terps, as our only real consistent outside shooting threat (depending on Allen and Layman, neither of which I expect to be over about 35% or put up a large volume of shoots, especially Layman). But, to say that he will be one of the most important bench players in the country seems like a pretty big exaggeration, to me. I don't even think he'll be our most important bench player. I'd still have him behind guys like Mitchell, Cleare, and Allen.

If you had to remove players from the team one by one, how quickly would you get to Aronhalt?

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

He's not likely gonna average more than maybe 7-8 ppg and 15 or so minutes max. I really doubt he'll be making a major impact compared to many other 6th men around the country.

I think he'll be very important for the Terps, as our only real consistent outside shooting threat (depending on Allen and Layman, neither of which I expect to be over about 35% or put up a large volume of shoots, especially Layman). But, to say that he will be one of the most important bench players in the country seems like a pretty big exaggeration, to me. I don't even think he'll be our most important bench player. I'd still have him behind guys like Mitchell, Cleare, and Allen.

If you had to remove players from the team one by one, how quickly would you get to Aronhalt?

I think you misinterpreted my response. I don't disagree with the max projections you have above. I still think for this MD team, it is pretty vital that he provides that, and I think that ups his importance (not his likely-hood of being one of the best bench players in the ACC, or Nationally).

MD's obvious strength is their rebounding, so you can easily argue for Mitchell and Cleare being more important. Allen has far better all-around skills. But Aronhalt's lone skill is something this MD team desperately needs, and he is best equipped to provide.

My comment about Turgeon shortening the bench was basically about Aronhalt. I don't think he will part of the 8 man rotation in ACC play. I think he will be used sporadically, but his contributions will be huge to the overall success.

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Ok, that makes more sense. I like Aronhalt and his skill is something we sorely need. But I do also think that he doesn't offer much else. Aside from standing and waiting for a n open three, he doesn't fit the offense very well. And his defense is pretty brutal, he can't stick with any ACC caliber guards. I hope he continues to get some minutes, but I think using him sporadically to help get the offense going and shoot other teams out of condensed defenses is his role, moreso than a consistent amount of playing time through a standard rotation. I don't think he's going to get consistent minutes from game to game. He'll be used almost none some games and then for more extended stretches in others, depending on the defense we're playing against and also on if there is someone on the other team we can have him cover without being exposed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=