• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm sure many of you have already seen it, but the IronBirds revealed their new logo for the 2013 season.

Full logo:
Posted Image

Hat logo:
Posted Image

I do like the new looks, but I would have preferred a stylized "A" or "IB" for the hat instead of the bird.

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,560 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I like it.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm sure many of you have already seen it, but the IronBirds revealed their new logo for the 2013 season.

Full logo:
Posted Image

Hat logo:
Posted Image

I do like the new looks, but I would have preferred a stylized "A" or "IB" for the hat instead of the bird.

I like the full logo a lot, hato logo is OK. Does anyone else think the hat logo reminds them of the first Ravens logo?
@levineps

#4 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I like the full logo a lot, hato logo is OK. Does anyone else think the hat logo reminds them of the first Ravens logo?

I like the full logo a lot as well, but just not feeling the hat logo. Might change my opinion when i see it in person this year.

Aberdeen is a gold mine for minor leagues. I don't blame them for putting out new merch.

#5 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I approve.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Aberdeen is a gold mine for minor leagues. I don't blame them for putting out new merch.

My guess is they are the top short-season A team in terms of revenue, the Ripken brand brings a lot of cache after all? Wonder what the other top teams in the minors are in this aspect. My guess is Durham would be high as well given the lore of the movie.
@levineps

#7 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

My guess is they are the top short-season A team in terms of revenue, the Ripken brand brings a lot of cache after all? Wonder what the other top teams in the minors are in this aspect. My guess is Durham would be high as well given the lore of the movie.

I would assume the same thing as well. Ripken brand absolutely having some to do with it, although they are just in a really good place.

I know someone had a list of the top 120 minor league teams based on revenue. Aberdeen came in 22 I believe. That is very good, considering most of the teams in the top 20 were high-end AAA teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=