HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

Yuck. Wonder when it happened?
  Supposedly covering first on Wednesday.
Ok. Missed that. Damn. Almost hoped it explained some of his recent woes.

#62 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

That does suck but we have pretty good back end depth. Hopefully it's not something that lingers.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#63 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

Baltimore Sun: Orioles reliever Darren O'Day's recovery coming along slower than expected
http://www.baltimore...0628-story.html

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

Bummer, we need him and Worley back soon.  All the fill-ins aside from Despaigne have been pretty bad.

#65 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

This has really dragged out,  I hope he's 100% after the all star break.

#66 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

MASN: http://www.masnsport...nd-britton.html

The Orioles could get back an important bullpen piece by activating Darren O’Day from the disabled list. His right leg is much better and he’s throwing bullpen sessions.

“If we get him back on the mound tomorrow again, then we may have a baseball decision to make, so that’s encouraging,” Showalter said. “He did a lot of stuff today covering first, moving around, so we’ll see. If he does that tomorrow and feels good on Sunday, then we’ll start moving that. Then we get into sim games, rehab starts.

“We’re going to take one step at a time, obviously, but that’s what’s next is whether. ‘OK, do we do a sim or do we go right to rehab? Does he even need rehab? Can he just go off a couple sim games?’ We’re not talking about a guy who’s going to pitch four or five innings.”

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

@masnRoch 15m15 minutes ago

ODay could be activated Sunday or Monday. Buck will ease him back into role #orioles

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Baltimore Sun:  O'Day... .
http://www.baltimore...0723-story.html

Orioles reliever Darren O’Day said he hopes Friday’s rehabilitation outing at Double-A Bowie is the last one he’ll have to make as his absence from a high hamstring strain suffered in May stretches into its eighth week.

“I think my delivery is in a good place,” O’Day said Saturday, a day after he threw 16 pitches in a scoreless inning while striking out two and allowing one hit. “I was making a lot of good pitches and everything was moving like it should. Hopefully, I’m back in the next couple of days.”

O’Day reported nothing but positives about the outing in Bowie, save for the jersey, which was a tribute to the late musician David Bowie.

“Wore a pretty bad jersey — probably the worst jersey I’ve ever worn," he said. "But the outing was good, I felt good. I got to execute most of my pitches. It felt good to get back out there. I had a base runner, so that was good — I’ve got to remember what that’s like, pitching with guys on base, working through counts. It was altogether positive.”

Manager Buck Showalter said the decision of when to activate O'Day would be a “baseball thing” with options being activating O'Day ON Sunday, or letting him throw another rehab outing before being activated Monday. A decision on that was expected Saturday evening, Showalter said.

O’Day, who signed a four-year, $31 million contract this offseason, had made 22 appearances before the injury, with five home runs allowed in 20 innings causing his ERA to rise to 3.15 right before he went on the disabled list.

His return is seen as a boon to an Orioles bullpen that has struggled at times to deal with the consistently short starts turned in by the team’s beleaguered starting rotation.

#69 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:24 PM

Most bases-loaded K's...

https://twitter.com/...650989846138880

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#70 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

Really nice to have him back. It really does tighten up the back end of the bullpen. 

#71 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

Per Thorne / MASN...

O'Day back in Baltimore getting his shoulder looked at....  apparently tendinitis.

#72 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

Per Thorne / MASN...

O'Day back in Baltimore getting his shoulder looked at....  apparently tendinitis.

Before anybody freaks out, when you pitch for a living, bouts of tendonitis are a fairly normal thing... it comes and goes, and good P's cope...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

@masnSteve 59m59 minutes ago

The Orioles DL Darren O'Day (retroactive to 8/12) with a right shoulder rotator cuff strain. Tyler Wilson recalled.

#74 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

Yikes. Dammit!!

#75 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Big blow. Need Brach and Givens to be great. Probably also need a flukey good performance from one of these not so good relievers.

#76 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

Before anybody freaks out, when you pitch for a living, bouts of tendonitis are a fairly normal thing... it comes and goes, and good P's cope...

Swing and a miss

#77 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

I said a week or so ago that the BP had me more concerned than the rotation moving forward. Now it definitely does.

#78 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Doesnt sound good. Might be Mike Wright BP time.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Doesnt sound good. Might be Mike Wright BP time.

That probably makes more sense than Wilson.

#80 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

It annoys me that we didn't try harder to keep Miller. He'd be such a difference maker for us.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=