#121 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

I'm talking about the perception of him at the time. Not your opinion, I thought that was obvious. I'm not trying to get into a debate over who was the better prospect, just saying they're were considered to be in the same ballpark as prospects. I think that is the case. Zion is above that.

Well I am saying that I don't think he was considered at the level of any of these 3.  

I watched all his games and the gushing was there but not at the level we see it for Zion and Barrett.

Morant is more of an unknown because he is at a smaller school but everyone loves him and feels he can be elite PG in the NBA.

#122 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Porzingis is a vastly bigger injury concern than Davis. Davis is just a guy that is unlikely to play just about every game while there is doubt about if Porzingis will return to the same level he was at as well concern over his longterm health.

Yea I can see that but I would bet on him getting back to his elite status.

#123 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Btw, Ingram went off for 36 last night on 14-20 shooting. He's raised his stock some over the past 5 games.

Lakers need him to do that.  He needs to be THE GUY in this deal.  The upside and ability is definitely there but NO has to feel they are getting someone with legit stud potential in his game to pull the trigger on the deal.

#124 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Well I am saying that I don't think he was considered at the level of any of these 3.

I watched all his games and the gushing was there but not at the level we see it for Zion and Barrett.

Morant is more of an unknown because he is at a smaller school but everyone loves him and feels he can be elite PG in the NBA.

He was considered in the same ballpark as those guys other than Zion. He was very clearly considered a great prospect. Slipped some as time went on.

Maybe all 3 will become superstars, but I'd bet heavily against that.

#125 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

There's also a decent chance that the Knicks don't get a top 3 pick.

#126 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

There's also a decent chance that the Knicks don't get a top 3 pick.

Right...so, NO can’t make the trade with the Knicks now and if/when the Knicks secure a top pick, it’s likely a dumb trade to bring him there.

#127 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Right...so, NO can’t make the trade with the Knicks now and if/when the Knicks secure a top pick, it’s likely a dumb trade to bring him there.

Trading the 2nd or 3rd pick plus Porzingis (if the health is still a concern) for Davis is a slam dunk as long as Durant and/or Kyrie are joining.

#128 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

Trading the 2nd or 3rd pick plus Porzingis (if the health is still a concern) for Davis is a slam dunk as long as Durant and/or Kyrie are joining.

Durant and Kyrie May go to NY anyways.

Give me those 2, Porzingis and a top 3 pick.

#129 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Durant and Kyrie May go to NY anyways.

Give me those 2, Porzingis and a top 3 pick.

Davis is a huge upgrade over Porzingis at this stage. I'm not sure I'd want to give Porzingis the max.

#130 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Davis is a huge upgrade over Porzingis at this stage. I'm not sure I'd want to give Porzingis the max.

Yes, while he is recovering from knee surgery, Davis is a big upgrade. No doubt.

#131 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Yes, while he is recovering from knee surgery, Davis is a big upgrade. No doubt.

He's a big upgrade once Porzingis comes back. Even if Porzingis doesn't show any ill-effects from the knee reconstruction, Davis is a big upgrade, the knee just tilts it further forward Davis.

Going from like the 18th best player to like the 3rd best is a huge leap.

#132 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Porzingis complicates matters, but the logic isn't that different than it was when Cleveland dealt Wiggins for Love. If you can put yourself in a great position to win titles, you generally should do that. Plus, Davis is young enough to build around for the next decade if he's willing to stay, which of course is a huge caveat.

#133 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

The Ringer: A Rational Conversation About Anthony Davis and the Future of Basketball in New Orleans

#134 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

The Knicks scenario does makes the most sense in the off-season so the Knicks get a better pick and each team knows which pick it is.

#135 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

SI: Report: Pelicans Not Interested AD-to-Lakers Deal

#136 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

If you don’t like what LA has to offer, that’s fine.

If you aren’t trading him there because it’s what he wants, you are a fool.

#137 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

http://www.espn.com/...m-anthony-davis

#138 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Whatever LA is offering right now, that offer is almost certain to still be good this summer (if not better). I'll be pretty surprised if Davis is traded by the deadline.

#139 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

Yahoo! Sports: The Pelicans are acting as if Anthony Davis will never play for them again

In summary, he's been removed from the introduction video montage, the team Twitter page, and his jerseys were removed from sales displays in the arena. They appear to be contemplating sitting him out for the rest of the season if they don't trade him within the next week. Odd move, but I see the logic in that the return they want for him is big and crucial enough that they don't want to risk him lowering his value if he gets injured.

#140 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

http://www.espn.com/...s-anthony-davis

No way this gets it done. Just trade everything. If you can get away with keeping Ingram, great but don’t let that stop you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=