#1 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

This is nice to see. Dodd stayed true to his word.

http://www.washingto... ... -maryland/
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#2 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

This is nice to see. Dodd stayed true to his word.

http://www.washingto... ... -maryland/

There was no way he was going anywhere else. Maryland was the first to give him a chance. He just recently became a four star recruit and now everyone wants him. No way he was turning his back on the coach that gave him a chance, even when no one else would.
@Langley486

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

There was no way he was going anywhere else. Maryland was the first to give him a chance. He just recently became a four star recruit and now everyone wants him. No way he was turning his back on the coach that gave him a chance, even when no one else would.[/quot

It has happened before. Dodd was a '"who is he type recruit", who exploded onto the recruiting scene after Maryland got him the first time. Nice to see the kid stay. He is a another good recruit from Turgeon.
@mikeghg

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Good to hear.

Seems like a great person. Excited to seemingly be recruiting great talents and great people.

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Very good to hear. With Padgett and probably Len gone next season, the Terps will definitely need another frontcourt guy with Mitchell/Cleare.

#6 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Dodd is going to end up being an absolute steal. I had a feeling when Turge offered him and he committed, Turge saw something. Dodd is all around a good player. he can shoot, defend and when he works on his post game, look out. This could be a fun Maryland team to watch for years.
@Langley486

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Very good to hear. With Padgett and probably Len gone next season, the Terps will definitely need another frontcourt guy with Mitchell/Cleare.

They have a transfer from Michigan who will be available next year. His name is Evan Smotrycz. He is a 6'9" forward who is an excellent long range shooter. He will give Turgeon offense the pick and pop option and oviously at 6-9 will be counted on to bang on defense.
Here are a few articles on him.
http://espn.go.com/b... ... r-maryland

http://espn.go.com/m... ... -terrapins
@mikeghg

#8 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

They have a transfer from Michigan who will be available next year. His name is Evan Smotrycz. He is a 6'9" forward who is an excellent long range shooter. He will give Turgeon offense the pick and pop option and oviously at 6-9 will be counted on to bang on defense.
Here are a few articles on him.
http://espn.go.com/b... ... r-maryland

http://espn.go.com/m... ... -terrapins

Yeah, Smotrycz and Layman are both guys I could see being used as stretch-PF at times next season....and maybe this season too for Layman.

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, Smotrycz and Layman are both guys I could see being used as stretch-PF at times next season....and maybe this season too for Layman.

It would make it easier for the guy that is playing the center spot to score out of the post.
@mikeghg

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

It would make it easier for the guy that is playing the center spot to score out of the post.

The mere fact that we are discussing depth and versatility like this about MD players almost has me giddy with anticipation. :D

#11 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

No doubts about that. Mitchell and Cleare should benefit greatly.
@Langley486

#12 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

The mere fact that we are discussing depth and versatility like this about MD players almost has me giddy with anticipation. :D

Count me into the group of giddy with anticipation!
@Langley486

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Count me into the group of giddy with anticipation!

I am with you. Turgeon has an energy about him. I love the way he puts his expectations for players out there making it incumbent on them to get it done. Maryland is deep this year and with Peters and Dodd now signed sealed and delivered, next year should be no different.
Maryland basketball is alive....am sitting here trying to decide if I want to ride down to CP tonight.
@mikeghg

#14 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I am with you. Turgeon has an energy about him. I love the way he puts his expectations for players out there making it incumbent on them to get it done. Maryland is deep this year and with Peters and Dodd now signed sealed and delivered, next year should be no different.
Maryland basketball is alive....am sitting here trying to decide if I want to ride down to CP tonight.

Go look up Phil Booth for 2014. Local kid who is top-notch and is very high on Maryland. Could be another huge get for Maryland.
@Langley486

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Go look up Phil Booth for 2014. Local kid who is top-notch and is very high on Maryland. Could be another huge get for Maryland.

I have seen not only Phil play but I am old enough to remember seeing his Dad play. Phil is a very talented kid who is about 6'2" and is a really good shooter. His Dad has taught him well. I am sure I will see him a few times this year. I had one guy I know who is really into HS basketball tell me that Maryland getting Peters and Booth, would be better then getting the Harrisons. he was not saying they were better plays but were certainly close enough for Maryland to see a higher return in that they would be there longer.
@mikeghg

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have seen not only Phil play but I am old enough to remember seeing his Dad play. Phil is a very talented kid who is about 6'2" and is a really good shooter. His Dad has taught him well. I am sure I will see him a few times this year. I had one guy I know who is really into HS basketball tell me that Maryland getting Peters and Booth, would be better then getting the Harrisons. he was not saying they were better plays but were certainly close enough for Maryland to see a higher return in that they would be there longer.

Grew up and used to shoot it around with Keith a bit. He was quite hyped too... hope his son comes to UMD.

#17 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Grew up and used to shoot it around with Keith a bit. He was quite hyped too... hope his son comes to UMD.

A lot of 2014 recruits are very high on Maryland. I could see them landing 3 top-notch recruits in that class that stay for multiple years. I really like Phil Booth.
@Langley486

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Keith Booth is not Phil Booth's father. No relation, from what I can find.

Phil Booth, Sr., played at Coppin St., is who they are talking about.

I had to look it up myself. Thought it would be too soon for Keith to have a kid ready to come to MD, at least practically if not biologically.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Keith Booth is not Phil Booth's father. No relation, from what I can find.

Phil Booth, Sr., played at Coppin St., is who they are talking about.

I had to look it up myself. Thought it would be too soon for Keith to have a kid ready to come to MD, at least practically if not biologically.

Sorry about the mix up. Just immediately went to Keith. Makes sense though, as he is only 38 years old I believe.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Sorry, I do not think Keith is any relation. Phil Booth Sr. was a very good player for Coppin State. He came out of Philly. Sorry for the confusion. I really did not make the last name connection.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=