226 replies to this topic

#221 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,087 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 10:45 AM

The regular season is basically meaningless, but it's always nice to beat the Yankees.

#222 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 11:50 AM

I get game threads being emotional. Im emotional and can be irrational in game threads. Be frustrated. Be mad. Be irrational. Dont give up. I hate seeing the posts where people are essentially rolling over and dying. We never trailed in the game.

This.

This team should never be counted out.

They just grind and grind down the opposition.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#223 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,239 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 20 June 2024 - 01:12 PM

I'll say this about the bullpen last night....for all of the lamentations, they actually did good.

You may not like the results, but you have to throw quality pitches nad the hitter gets a vote.

The 2 runners on in front of Stanton were a joke.  Play defense.

Cano left the ball to Stanton out over the plate and let him get extended on it and he murdered it....but pitchers leave balls over the plate all of the time.  Why don't we murder the mistakes in the middle of the plate to our hitters?

Kimbrel pitched great.  He was ahead of Volpe 1-2 and threw a good fastball a couple inches off the inside edge.  Very hard ball to get to to, let alone keep it fair if you do. Volpe has actually been struggling of late so you just have to shake your head when he ropes a double down the LF line.  Soto pops up.  He was blowing Stanton away and then missed his spot with the KC.  It was supposed to be away but he left it in.  Wasn't even bad location, down and in is often death for LHers, but Stanton somehow smoked it at 120mph (not a typo).  I don't know if Urias could have got it, but he vacated to the bag because Volpe was stealing 3rd on that pitch.

Baker beat Rice with the change but he dumped it into LF.

We're playing ATL, PHI and NYY back-to-back-to-back and we're 5-3 with a chance to win all 3 series this afternoon and competed in every Game. 

• Mike B likes this

#224 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 June 2024 - 01:43 PM

I'll say this about the bullpen last night....for all of the lamentations, they actually did good.

You may not like the results, but you have to throw quality pitches nad the hitter gets a vote.

The 2 runners on in front of Stanton were a joke.  Play defense.

Cano left the ball to Stanton out over the plate and let him get extended on it and he murdered it....but pitchers leave balls over the plate all of the time.  Why don't we murder the mistakes in the middle of the plate to our hitters?

Kimbrel pitched great.  He was ahead of Volpe 1-2 and threw a good fastball a couple inches off the inside edge.  Very hard ball to get to to, let alone keep it fair if you do. Volpe has actually been struggling of late so you just have to shake your head when he ropes a double down the LF line.  Soto pops up.  He was blowing Stanton away and then missed his spot with the KC.  It was supposed to be away but he left it in.  Wasn't even bad location, down and in is often death for LHers, but Stanton somehow smoked it at 120mph (not a typo).  I don't know if Urias could have got it, but he vacated to the bag because Volpe was stealing 3rd on that pitch.

We're playing ATL, PHI and NYY back-to-back-to-back and we're 5-3 with a chance to win all 3 series this afternoon and competed in every Game. 

The Orioles are running the gauntlet playing good teams who have good pitching and hitting and are doing very well.  Last night, was a game that could have easily gotten away but they held tough and got the win. There was so much good last night.

Cedric, IMO was the player of the game.  On a day where he took the collar, Santander found a way to help with great baserunning, and a terrific catch when it had to be made.  Povich really battled and kept the Yankees at bay. Baker a good inning with the pressure on, Urias, two key hits etc....

It is what good teams do...they find ways to win and the Orioles are a good team.

• dude likes this
@mikeghg

#225 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 03:50 PM

The 2 runners on in front of Stanton were a joke. Play defense.

Cano left the ball to Stanton out over the plate and let him get extended on it and he murdered it....but pitchers leave balls over the plate all of the time. Why don't we murder the mistakes in the middle of the plate to our hitters?

Kimbrel pitched great. He was ahead of Volpe 1-2 and threw a good fastball a couple inches off the inside edge. Very hard ball to get to to, let alone keep it fair if you do. Volpe has actually been struggling of late so you just have to shake your head when he ropes a double down the LF line. Soto pops up. He was blowing Stanton away and then missed his spot with the KC. It was supposed to be away but he left it in. Wasn't even bad location, down and in is often death for LHers, but Stanton somehow smoked it at 120mph (not a typo). I don't know if Urias could have got it, but he vacated to the bag because Volpe was stealing 3rd on that pitch.

While I appreciate the positivity, I disagree that the bullpen did well. How striking some people out, or getting a couple of pop ups while we are at it ? This bullpen needs some upgrades.

#226 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,239 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 20 June 2024 - 04:09 PM

While I appreciate the positivity, I disagree that the bullpen did well. How striking some people out, or getting a couple of pop ups while we are at it ? This bullpen needs some upgrades.

I'll keep repeating the same answers.

You are looking for something that doesn't exist.  If you want to change names, great, but none of these guys are getting pounded.  Literally none of them.

Bradish, Means and Wells injuries create holes to fill.  Irvin and Suarez have been really good, but the track record isn't there.

In the bullpen, you aren't looking for a B instead of a D or an F.....you are arguing for a B over a C+ or B- and the error bars mostly overlap.

I'll say again, I have zero issues trading for guys.  The players everyone wants don't really exist on this market.

#227 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 04:15 PM

I'll keep repeating the same answers.

You are looking for something that doesn't exist. If you want to change names, great, but none of these guys are getting pounded. Literally none of them.

Bradish, Means and Wells injuries create holes to fill. Irvin and Suarez have been really good, but the track record isn't there.

In the bullpen, you aren't looking for a B instead of a D or an F.....you are arguing for a B over a C+ or B- and the error bars mostly overlap.

I'll say again, I have zero issues trading for guys. The players everyone wants don't really exist on this market.

Spin it any way you want.

The bullpen was not good last night.

Need a guy or two that can come in and miss bats.

There are better options, however, it will come at a cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=