Terps Basketball 2024-25 General Talk

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#261 BoomerFT

BoomerFT
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like the newest version of Jahari Long.

A good get for the Terps being it's this late.
  • Mike B likes this

#262 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 June 2024 - 01:12 PM

A good get for the Terps being it's this late.

Yea, he is a PG.  IMO you can never have too many guys that can run point.

@mikeghg

#263 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,444 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 June 2024 - 04:25 PM

IMS: Kevin Willard on his big man duo, Jahmir Young's legacy, Georgetown and more nonconference details

"Yeah, I mean, I'm excited about it because they're both great passers. They're both willing passers. I think you're gonna have to guard one of them in the post. If you put your four-man on Derik, we're going to post up Derik. If you put your four-man on JuJu, good luck. We'll do a lot of high-low stuff. We'll do some empty-side pick-and-roll things. They won't play together all that much just because big guys get in foul trouble. I think JuJu played way too many minutes last year, I'd like to cut his minutes down by about five or six a game just to keep them fresher for the end of the year. So they'll probably only play about 12 to 13 minutes a game. But when they play those minutes together, we're going to put shooters around them and we're going to pound the ball inside."

Not too surprising, but definitely sounds like Willard will be planning to stagger Reese and Queen a good bit to keep one of them on the floor at all times.

@BSLZackKiesel

#264 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,768 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 June 2024 - 09:29 PM

In addition to avoiding foul trouble I just don't think two bigs with limited shooting range really works on offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=