74 replies to this topic

#41 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 02:26 PM

I'm not sure he'll have many options. Market is saturated at RB, and the draft has a lot of good prospects.

You'd really have to be a bottom feeder GM to offer Dobbins more than one year.  That would be beyond stupid and EDC would certainly never do that.  He may not even bother with Dobbins.  He's that unreliable and even if EDC could look into a crystal ball and see that Dobbins would play out the full season, who knows what type of runner he is now.  He had top shelf talent before the injuries started to pile up but he may be nothing more than a retread at this point.  It's sad but that's probably what he's looking at. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 02:28 PM

You'd really have to be a bottom feeder GM to offer Dobbins more than one year. That would be beyond stupid and EDC would certainly never do that. He may not even bother with Dobbins. He's that unreliable and even if EDC could look into a crystal ball and see that Dobbins would play out the full season, who knows what type of runner he is now. He had top shelf talent before the injuries started to pile up but he may be nothing more than a retread at this point. It's sad but that's probably what he's looking at.

If I was signing Dobbins I'd want a multi-year deal but with no guaranteed money after the first year. Essentially becoming a team option for year two. Get him cheap and if he bounces back and finally has a healthy productive season you then have him locked in for the next year. If he doesn't, you cut him and move on.

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 02:48 PM

Pollard and Barkley off the board. Not upset the Ravens didn't go to the prices each of these guys got.

• 85Knight likes this

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 02:56 PM

If I was signing Dobbins I'd want a multi-year deal but with no guaranteed money after the first year. Essentially becoming a team option for year two. Get him cheap and if he bounces back and finally has a healthy productive season you then have him locked in for the next year. If he doesn't, you cut him and move on.

If he would go for that, sure.  My guess is he has enough acrimony for the Ravens to demand more than that.  After the dust clears and EDC waits to see how things are playing out over the next several weeks, he may just decide to move on from Dobbins.  I'd say there's a better chance of that than offering a multi-year deal.  Not that EDC cares what I think but I have no delusions of Dobbins ever coming back to the level he was before he started getting hurt.  I see a Pro-Bowl caliber back being reduced to below league average. 

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:07 PM

Pollard and Barkley off the board. Not upset the Ravens didn't go to the prices each of these guys got.

Jacobs gone too, to the Packers. They also cut Aaron Jones, so he’s a possibility.

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:11 PM

I would like Aaron Jones but he's hurt all the time. 

#47 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:12 PM

I still think Barkley was bait.

Henry is still left.  I hope we don't sign him for a huge deal like Barkley got.  I like him but not for 3/38.

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:14 PM

I still think Barkley was bait.

Henry is still left.  I hope we don't sign him for a huge deal like Barkley got.  I like him but not for 3/38.

Henry is 3 years older than Barkley and 4 years older than Jacobs.  I don't see him getting the AAV or the years that either other guy got.  Maybe the years but not with guaranteed money on the back end, which means it doesn't really exist.

#49 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,824 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:15 PM

Swift interests me as well.  

#50 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:22 PM

Swift interests me as well.

He signed with the Bears

#51 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 03:24 PM

Also Gus to the Chargers.

#52 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 05:56 PM

Sorry to see Gus go.  I'll miss seeing him out there. 

#53 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,652 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 06:06 PM

Gus was a horse but never seemed to gain enough trust to be the #1 guy.

#54 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 07:19 PM

They can pick a rookie or two. If you're going to ignore a guy in the biggest moments you might as well not pay him very much.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#55 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 March 2024 - 08:58 PM

They can pick a rookie or two. If you're going to ignore a guy in the biggest moments you might as well not pay him very much.

This year's RB class apparently isn't that good, which is one of the reasons why suddenly every FA running back is getting a big deal.

#56 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 10:44 PM

This year's RB class apparently isn't that good, which is one of the reasons why suddenly every FA running back is getting a big deal.

Funny how things turn. Six months ago all the RBs in the league were mad mad.  :mrgreen:

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 04:58 AM

Joe Mixon released.

#58 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 05:36 AM

Ravens are gonna get things done with Henry

#59 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 06:00 AM

Ravens are gonna get things done with Henry

A Browns reporter said he heard the Ravens have an offer out at ~6.5M/year. Seems great given the other deals yesterday, though he's older than everybody else.

#60 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 07:05 AM

A Browns reporter said he heard the Ravens have an offer out at ~6.5M/year. Seems great given the other deals yesterday, though he's older than everybody else.

Right player right price. A team could swoop in and go to a place we wont and shouldnt go. Im hoping that doesnt happen. Think hes got enough left in the tank and would be what we need for a few years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=