HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 December 2023 - 07:12 PM

Jags SB Nation: Jaguars vs Ravens: Staff roundtable and full Week 15 picks
https://www.bigcatco...week-15-preview

The Jaguars pundits are not optimistic, at all.

#3 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 09:34 PM

After watching Lamar go 3-for-9 for 26 yards (with a sack and six pressures) against the blitz last week, I would think the best route would be for the Jaguars' defense to bring the house at an ungodly rate, and whatever happens on the back end happens. It can’t get any worse than what we’ve seen over the last two weeks, right? Send them all Mike Caldwell.

I could not agree more with this guy.  This would be my blueprint if I were an opposing DC.  The Ravens OL is somewhat average against the pass rush with Ronnie Stanley not playing up to All pro status.  But you have to be smart with the pressure.  Detroit ran right by Jackson and gave him lanes to step up into or take off.  If you bring the pressure the right way and force him to throw before he is comfortable, I think you can limit what the Ravens offense wants to do.  Sure Jackson will burn you a couple of times running out of the pocket, and he may even hit a few down field, but overall you will have an opportunity to be successful in limiting the Ravens drives, especially with Mark Andrews out.  Otherwise the Ravens will pick away at you and dominate the TOP and putting up points.

On the other side of the chess match, if I were the Ravens I would try to combat this tactic by using Keaton Mitchell on screens and quick dumps.  He is so fast he can get by the pressure and have a chance to break a big one in the secondary.  

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2023 - 10:41 PM

Jacksonville is 27th in the NFL in sacks. Much better in pressure % (13th). Outside of Josh Allen, PFF hates their DL and edge rushers.

If Lamar and this offense can’t solve a Jacksonville blitzburgh, we’ve got bigger problems.

#5 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,565 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:01 AM

I could not agree more with this guy. This would be my blueprint if I were an opposing DC. The Ravens OL is somewhat average against the pass rush with Ronnie Stanley not playing up to All pro status. But you have to be smart with the pressure. Detroit ran right by Jackson and gave him lanes to step up into or take off. If you bring the pressure the right way and force him to throw before he is comfortable, I think you can limit what the Ravens offense wants to do. Sure Jackson will burn you a couple of times running out of the pocket, and he may even hit a few down field, but overall you will have an opportunity to be successful in limiting the Ravens drives, especially with Mark Andrews out. Otherwise the Ravens will pick away at you and dominate the TOP and putting up points.

On the other side of the chess match, if I were the Ravens I would try to combat this tactic by using Keaton Mitchell on screens and quick dumps. He is so fast he can get by the pressure and have a chance to break a big one in the secondary.

I'm a little confused about this stat, because PFF says he was blitzed on 18 dropbacks, had 15 pass attempts, 2 scrambles and 1 sack, was pressured 8 times, and went 8 for 15 with 2 drops and 2 throwaways.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 10:45 AM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Ravens a 63.6% chance of winning.

The Ravens are 3.5 point favorites. 

The over / under is 41.5. 

#7 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 12:23 PM

I never feel confident playing Jacksonville. Hopefully Lawrence is still hobbled by the ankle.

#8 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 02:24 PM

Ravens keep up their winning ways.

28-24.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#9 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:22 PM

The Bears are helping us right now. This game can pretty much wrap the division up. Ravens win 27-17.

#10 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:29 PM

The cleat of reality has come to visit Joe Flacco.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#11 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:01 PM

The cleat of reality has come to visit Joe Flacco.

Joe makes me eat my words. Lol
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:02 PM

Nice pass by Joe.  He's over 300 yards again today.  All tied at 17.

#13 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:06 PM

Would anybody really feel comfortable with the Ravens playing the Browns in the playoffs?  I mean Flacco is a statue back there and he should be easy pickings for the Raven's pass rush, but that script of the old QB coming back to knock his former team out of the playoffs kind of writes itself.  

#14 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:13 PM

Joe makes me eat my words. Lol

Yeah we woke him up. Damn!

#15 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:23 PM

Flacco continues doing his Earl Morrall impersonation. - including wearing #15.

Meanwhile, the Bears continue to suck.

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:27 PM

Typical Flacco.  He sucked big time for most of three quarters.  Threw 3 ints including a pick 6.  Then he found a rhythm and led the comeback.  And the Bears were oh so close to pulling off a hail Mary at the end of that game.  Their receiver had the ball in his hands on the ground in the end zone, then he bobbled it and Cleveland picked it.  Should have been a miracle Chicago victory.  

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 04:48 PM

Looks like the weather won't be an issue tonight. The rain moved out of the area several hours ago.

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 06:05 PM

Jacksonville is a house of horrors for the Ravens.

Jags 27 - Ravens 26
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 07:05 PM

Jacksonville is a house of horrors for the Ravens.

Jags 27 - Ravens 26

I didn't want to be the one to say it, so thanks. (LOL) I definitely have a bad feeling about this one, although if the Ravens win, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  They should win on paper, that's for sure.  Limit turnovers and costly penalties....you know the drill. 

#20 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 December 2023 - 08:10 PM

Florio taking the Jags is the least shocking thing I've seen all day.
@primetime667083

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=