315 replies to this topic

#261 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 12:39 PM

Yeah the Dabo stuff is irrrelevant. Like Mack said, Im sure he was calling/texting a bunch of teams.

#262 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 07:00 PM

Board is falling in the Ravens favor at the moment. Run on interior Dline, WR's and CB's. Hopefully one of the better Oline guys falls
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#263 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 07:13 PM

Seems like a good pick, but none of these picks will earn a grade until a few years from now anyway.  Except maybe the Atlanta pick.  Either signing Cousins or picking Pennix was stupid.  You can do one, not both.  So far the consensus grade average from all that I've seen for the Ravens is a B, although Bleacher Report gave it a D.  But they seem to be the outlier.  

Pros:  He looks like a solid cover man with speed.  Humphrey may be about ready to fall off the cliff so the Ravens may need him to step up quickly.  It's clear to see the Ravens are drafting with the AFC in mind.  Mahomes, Burrow, and Herbert are probably the three best pure passers in the game.  Add in Allen, Rogers, Stroud, and Tua and it's easy to see that to win in the AFC you better have a secondary that can stay with receivers and Wiggins fits that description.

Cons: His size allows more physical receivers to win the battle.  The AFC North alone has two of the more physical receivers in the game in J'marr Chase and George Pickens.  Not real good in run support, but I don't think that matters as much with Roquan Smith in your defense.  CB's generally have a learning curve so it may take a while for him to develop and the Ravens are in a win now mode.  They need guys who can produce immediately.  The window is not  open as wide as it was the end of last year, and it will close a bit more next year.  Going defense first means the check engine light on the OL that was already on is now blinking.   

Seems like the Ravens were very high on Wiggins so when he was there, they had to grab him.  

#264 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:14 PM

Rosengarten probably the smart pick. But could see them going with Corum or Benson as a surprise.

#265 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:18 PM

Rosengarten it is...nice...get the needed tackle.

#266 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:21 PM

Addrssed two weaknesses so far. Have to think Rosengarten has a good chance to start at RT from the go.

#267 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:21 PM

Meh. He isnt an instant starter at RT. Ill bet right now he doesnt start next year without injuries. Is what it is though. Had to get a T. Also locked in on the right side. No chance of moving to left side 

#268 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:26 PM

Just read a couple of Scouting Reports which varied greatly.

One said limited athleticism.

The other said strong athleticism but needs time in the weight room.

#269 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:27 PM

I think Rosengarten might have to shift to G to stick. Doesn’t have the measurable for T in the NFL. Bummer that Fisher came off the board just 3 picks ahead. Liked him much better.

#270 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:41 PM

I think Rosengarten might have to shift to G to stick. Doesn’t have the measurable for T in the NFL. Bummer that Fisher came off the board just 3 picks ahead. Liked him much better.

Very possible the Ravens feel the same. Isn't the worst outcome. Mekari can start on the right side. Ravens really banking on Vorhees to return to the player he was pre-injury. If he doesn't, and Cleveland continues to underwhelm, O-line could be the death knell of the 2024 Ravens.

#271 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:46 PM

Very possible the Ravens feel the same. Isn't the worst outcome. Mekari can start on the right side. Ravens really banking on Vorhees to return to the player he was pre-injury. If he doesn't, and Cleveland continues to underwhelm, O-line could be the death knell of the 2024 Ravens.

Yeah, they have plenty of holes on the OL to fill, so if Rosengarten is a G, and a good one, then great. Hate losing Mekari as the super sub. Be nice if Faalele would up his game, but that seems like wishful thinking. Maybe someone will be on the market this summer they can grab.

#272 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:49 PM

After missing on that 1st wave of OL I think none of these guys were likely to be plug and play. At least not the Tackles. Maybe there is a Day 2 guy that can play on the interior. Is what it is. Make em compete

#273 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 26 April 2024 - 08:50 PM

Just read a couple of Scouting Reports which varied greatly.

One said limited athleticism.

The other said strong athleticism but needs time in the weight room.

I'm having trouble buying the limited athleticism considering he had the fastest 40 time among OL and a very good 10 yard split.  Size and maybe flexibility seems like much more of an issue.

#274 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:24 PM

I'm having trouble buying the limited athleticism considering he had the fastest 40 time among OL and a very good 10 yard split.  Size and maybe flexibility seems like much more of an issue.

His arms are relatively short, measured something like 33" at the combine. Part of why I'd think he'll be a G. His pass protection isn't great despite the fact he spent 2 seasons as the protector of Penix's blind side (Penix is LH). Michigan ate him alive in the title game.

#275 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:55 PM

I feel another Judon-type pick coming where they take Hunt, that OLB from some small school in Houston.

#276 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:57 PM

I feel another Judon-type pick coming where they take Hunt, that OLB from some small school in Houston.

Prob. WOnder if there is any chance they go Jaylen Wright. If they feel good about Mitchell they wont

#277 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,515 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:03 PM

Well, right position. Let's hope this PSU edge is better than the last one.

#278 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:05 PM

Productive player just not an athletic freak. May be their next Judon type for sure so good call. Got to keep drafting pass rushers

#279 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:07 PM

Oweh, Ojabo, Isaac, Robinson to go with Van Noy.

#280 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:10 PM

This guy seemingly just knows how to get pressure. Wont pretend to know who he was before tonight but like what Im reading and hearing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=