315 replies to this topic

#221 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:19 PM

Clown on me all you want, but other people feel the same.

You went through all that to make a point did you read the whole quote on that last blurb by the talent evaluator. He thinks he is a better prospect than Weatherspoon who went #5 last year and was a Pro Bowler. I guess thats "fine" considering we picked Wiggins at 30. Lol.

#222 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:21 PM

I've been pretty complimentary of a lot of their draft choices, but it just feels like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Wiggins might be a good player. Doesn't solve the problems that will probably end the Ravens' season.

Rofl rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic he says. Back to this again. You are something.

#223 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:22 PM

You went through all that to make a point did you read the whole quote on that last blurb by the talent evaluator. He thinks he is a better prospect than Weatherspoon who went 5 last year and was a Pro Bowler. I guess thats "fine" considering we picked him at 30. Lol.

More physical talent. Lots of guys are freakish athletes. It doesn't always translate.

Maybe it will. I'm not saying hes a bad pick. It just sounds like he has a very specific kind of game thatis more speed/finesse than physical.

#224 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:24 PM

Rofl rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic he says. Back to this again. You are something.

I guess you can make the argument that he will likely be on the field a lot in the playoffs while the offense struggles, and with that kind.of speed he could get lucky and take a pick to the house.

Okay. Maybe he does move the needle a little.

#225 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:25 PM

More physical talent. Lots of guys are freakish athletes. It doesn't always translate.

Maybe it will. I'm not saying hes a bad pick. It just sounds like he has a very specific kind of game thatis more speed/finesse than physical.

We drafted him at 30. I mean its only 1 guys opinion but he thinks the guy we got at 30 is a better prospect than the guy who was selected #5 last year. An absolute steal to get this kind of talent at 30.

#226 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:25 PM

I know I'm supremely negative and irrationally down on this team still. I'm still not over the way they pissed such a golden opportunity away.

#227 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:26 PM

Jesus, the kid is a fantastic CB, top 2 in the entire draft and we got him at 30. Oh by the way, the league is a passing league so stuffing the run isn’t a necessity, for him, Marlo and B Smith both can handle that area but neither can do what this kid can do. He can literally run with any WR in the league, something the Ravens sorely needed.

#228 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:28 PM

We drafted him at 30. I mean its only 1 guys opinion but he thinks the guy we got at 30 is a better prospect than the guy who was selected #5 last year. An absolute steal to get this kind of talent at 30.

Like I said, he might be a good pick and I don't mind it. There is really nobody they could have taken that would have made me feel more positive about the upcoming season.

#229 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:28 PM

Pick was so good Im considering the theory that Elias made the pick
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#230 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:29 PM

Jesus, the kid is a fantastic CB, top 2 in the entire draft and we got him at 30. Oh by the way, the league is a passing league so stuffing the run isn’t a necessity, for him, Marlo and B Smith both can handle that area but neither can do what this kid can do. He can literally run with any WR in the league, something the Ravens sorely needed.

They didn't get embarrassed by KC because their secondary was poor. Their defense played their hearts out and delivered a fantastic performance.

Doesn't mean it didn't need improving. Doesn't mean he's not a good pick. It just doesn't fix what's broken.

#231 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:30 PM

Pick was so good Im considering the theory that Elias made the pick

That's kinda funny tbh.

#232 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:32 PM

Just stay on topic of the draft man. Youll have plenty of other opportunities to drive home your Lamar cant get us over the top agenda

#233 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:34 PM

Wiggins tape in coverage is pretty good too. There isn't much to dislike about this one.

I think that the talk about moving Dejean to safety is bs and based on his skin color, but Wiggins did look a bit better in coverage than Dejean, and Dejean's size isn't as big of a plus considering the current meta of 5'10" track stars at WR.

#234 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:34 PM

Just stay on topic of the draft man. Youll have plenty of other opportunities to drive home your Lamar cant get us over the top agenda

Fair. He does give me plenty of opportunities.

Okay, I read an article about Wiggins and now consider myself the foremost authority on him. I give the pick a solid B+. Well done team.

#235 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:37 PM

Wiggins tape in coverage is pretty good too. There isn't much to dislike about this one.

I think that the talk about moving Dejean to safety is bs and based on his skin color, but Wiggins did look a bit better in coverage than Dejean, and Dejean's size isn't as big of a plus considering the current meta of 5'10" track stars at WR.

Everyone is looking for Tyreek Hill part 2, and someone to cover everyone else's attempt to land Tyreek Hill part 2.

#236 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:43 PM

Everyone is looking for Tyreek Hill part 2, and someone to cover everyone else's attempt to land Tyreek Hill part 2.

I think Waddle might qualify for tyreek hill part 2. Now they're looking for part 3.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#237 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2024 - 12:20 AM

I’m less concerned with his lack of run support than I am with his slight frame limiting his ability to play outside, which is where he primarily lined up in college, against NFL receivers. He may be more limited to the slot at the next level.

#238 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 12:40 AM

I’m less concerned with his lack of run support than I am with his slight frame limiting his ability to play outside, which is where he primarily lined up in college, against NFL receivers. He may be more limited to the slot at the next level.

According to EDC he's already put on about 10 lbs since the combine, and I think 185ish is perfectly fine for a CB.

I feel like the current meta for WRs is 5'10" track stars in the mold of Tyreek so I don't have a big problem with his size. CBs can't touch WRs anyway in the modern NFL so technique is more important.

#239 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2024 - 01:22 AM

According to EDC he's already put on about 10 lbs since the combine, and I think 185ish is perfectly fine for a CB.

I feel like the current meta for WRs is 5'10" track stars in the mold of Tyreek so I don't have a big problem with his size. CBs can't touch WRs anyway in the modern NFL so technique is more important.

He looked about 170lbs soaking wet in college, so if he’s 185 now I’d be curious what his diet is. Guys like Pickens, Higgins and Chase, just to name three he’ll face regularly, will probably still manhandle him, but if he can stay glued to the likes of Tyreek Hill then he can play

#240 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 03:02 AM

He looked about 170lbs soaking wet in college, so if he’s 185 now I’d be curious what his diet is. Guys like Pickens, Higgins and Chase, just to name three he’ll face regularly, will probably still manhandle him, but if he can stay glued to the likes of Tyreek Hill then he can play

He came in at 182 for his pro day and ran the same 40 time, albeit with a worse starting 10. Whether or not that's his playing weight with the Ravens, we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=