I watched the game again this morning and without the emotion, I saw some positives.
1. The effort was excellent IMO. Reese was as aggressive as any game that I can remember. He really attacked Wahab. I wonder if they were less than friends.
2. Jamie Kaiser. He looked very timid, early on, but after getting fouled and swishing two free throws, he got aggressive and hit two big threes and 2 more free throws. He as usual worked hard on defence. He got beat on the cut once but that is basketball and being a freshman. He has been slow on the release of his shot, but not so much last night. Keep shooting.
3. Jahmir Young. The Terps won because of him. He was aggressive and was hunting shots.
4. Jordan Geronimo- he is not a scorer but he really worked on defense last night.
5. DHS- he was not good the first half and his body language showed it, but he did a good job handling the ball and stepped up late. If Maryland is going to improve, Kaier and DHS are going to have to become factors. Last night gave me some hope.
6. Donte Scott-shot terrible again but battled on the boards and got 10 rebounds. He made a few shots late that helped the Terps win. Again, he needs to get better if the Terps are to get better.