#141 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2023 - 02:18 PM

I watched the game again this morning and without the emotion, I saw some positives.

1. The effort was excellent IMO.  Reese was as aggressive as any game that I can remember.  He really attacked Wahab.  I wonder if they were less than friends.

2.  Jamie Kaiser.  He looked very timid, early on, but after getting fouled and swishing two free throws, he got aggressive and hit two big threes and 2 more free throws.  He as usual worked hard on defence.  He got beat on the cut once but that is basketball and being a freshman.  He has been slow on the release of his shot, but not so much last night.  Keep shooting.

3. Jahmir Young.  The Terps won because of him.  He was aggressive and was hunting shots.

4. Jordan Geronimo- he is not a scorer but he really worked on defense last night.

5.  DHS- he was not good the first half and his body language showed it, but he did a good job handling the ball and stepped up late.  If Maryland is going to improve, Kaier and DHS are going to have to become factors.  Last night gave me some hope.

6. Donte Scott-shot terrible again but battled on the boards and got 10 rebounds.  He made a few shots late that helped the Terps win.  Again, he needs to get better if the Terps are to get better.

• BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@mikeghg

#142 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2023 - 02:21 PM

Dez shot 50% from the floor and almost 38% from 3PT as a freshman.

DHS is 37% and 9%. He'll obviously improve on that 9%, hopefully.

Physically I can see the comparison.  DHS has a good handle and so did Dez, but DHS has a long way to go shot wise.  I am still optimistic, that we will see a much better Harris Smith as time goes on.

@mikeghg

#143 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2023 - 02:28 PM

Has anyone heard anything on Chance Stephens?  Maryland could be helped by a legitimate 3pt shooter.  He hurt his knee about 6 months ago and I remember reading somewhere that it was a 6 month injury if things went well.  

@mikeghg

#144 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,685 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 December 2023 - 02:53 PM

Has anyone heard anything on Chance Stephens? Maryland could be helped by a legitimate 3pt shooter. He hurt his knee about 6 months ago and I remember reading somewhere that it was a 6 month injury if things went well.

Best case scenario is that he’s back in February or March, but all signs point to him missing the entire season.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#145 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,826 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 December 2023 - 12:01 PM

Best case scenario is that he’s back in February or March, but all signs point to him missing the entire season.

Thanks Zack.  That is a shame.  The skill he brings is certainly lacking right know.  

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=