#41 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 05:26 PM

Maryland scores on a touchdown pass to Jeshaun Jones, and converts the two-point conversion. 31-15 Penn State.

Two-score game with 11:27 left to go.

@BSLZackKiesel

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 05:39 PM

Not that there was much doubt, but this one's over. Penn State scores again, and it's 38-15.

@BSLZackKiesel

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 November 2023 - 05:44 PM

Shame.

#44 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:03 PM

It's an annihilation. 51-15 Penn State.

This should not be happening in a head coach's fifth season. No heart, no effort, no pride. They've given up.

@BSLZackKiesel

#45 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:06 PM

So, Maryland loses their fourth straight game and will head to Nebraska next weekend. There's a very good chance this team doesn't win another one all year and finishes with just five wins.

@BSLZackKiesel

#46 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:10 PM

This was on the lower right corner of my multi view, and I never had the volume on it, but it looked to me like they have flat out quit on Locksley.

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:13 PM

Have to agree. 

#48 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 08:09 PM

This guy is 13-31 in Big Ten play and has never managed a .500 or better record in conference play. Hasn't beat a ranked opponent since the 2nd game of his first season.

Locksley and the football program are a joke.

#49 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,622 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 November 2023 - 11:12 PM

That can’t be true. 13-31 in big 10 games?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#50 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 November 2023 - 11:25 PM

That can’t be true. 13-31 in big 10 games?

That number includes his time as the interim head coach in 2015, which I typically don't hold against him.

Not that it's much better, but since he took over in 2019, the team is 12-26 in Big Ten play.

@BSLZackKiesel

#51 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:02 AM

With teams jumping conferences all willy nilly, maybe Maryland should jump to the MEAC where they might compete more.
@BSLMikeRandall

#52 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:32 AM

Deflating loss, but unfortunately now to be expected.  I was/am pulling for Lox to get Terps football to be a perennial top 25 team, and this year was supposed to be the start, but, yeah, no.  Lox needs to get to 7 w's to get the year extension, needs to win 2 of the last 3, we'll see but I would bet on not gonna happen.  

#53 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:41 AM

Deflating loss, but unfortunately now to be expected.  I was/am pulling for Lox to get Terps football to be a perennial top 25 team, and this year was supposed to be the start, but, yeah, no.  Lox needs to get to 7 w's to get the year extension, needs to win 2 of the last 3, we'll see but I would bet on not gonna happen.  

I think we all wanted to think they could build on, or at least maintain last year's results with the return of Taulia and some others. Unfortunately, yesterday just proved they don't have that kind of upside in them this year. It's one thing to lose to Penn St, it's another to get annihilated to the point that PSU put things on tape offensively they haven't been able to do all year. How embarrassing. I do believe this team has quit at this point.

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:43 AM

Drew Allar just isn't a good QB. But he got to come to College Park and look like JJ McCarthy yesterday. Just terrible. 

#55 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:51 AM

I'd be shocked if they win another game this season.

They definitely aren't beating Michigan. Have they ever even competed with Nebraska even with Nebraska being pretty bad lately? Rutgers is probably a better program at this point.

#56 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 09:52 AM

I do believe this team has quit at this point.

I hope not, Lox needs to keep them focused, but haven't seen him be able to consistently do that.  We'll see, but now I expect maybe one 1 win in the last 3.  Taulia also needs to prove he is a leader and stay motivated. 

#57 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,358 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 November 2023 - 12:07 PM

I'd be shocked if they win another game this season.

They definitely aren't beating Michigan. Have they ever even competed with Nebraska even with Nebraska being pretty bad lately? Rutgers is probably a better program at this point.

They've only played Nebraska twice since joining the conference. Lost 28-7 on the road in 2016 under Durkin, and lost 54-7 at home in 2019 under Locksley. Rutgers is probably about where Maryland was last year or so. On the rise, competitive-ish with the big boys but still yet to beat a ranked team since 2009.

But yeah, they've been checked out as a team since the loss to Ohio State. The fact that one loss can unravel a team this badly in your fifth year as a head coach is a pretty bad indictment on your leadership.

@BSLZackKiesel

#58 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 02:27 PM

I think there's ample evidence that Locksley is not a great D-1 coach.  0-5 after a bye week speaks volumes.

I do think it's very unlucky for him that right as he gets this job the NIL comes into account and totally changes the recruiting game away from his strength.  And not just that but really towards a weakness for MD as they don't have the NIL pockets that other teams do.  Wasn't he interested in a pro job a few years back?  I think he could see the writing on the wall that his recruiting advantage is gone.

I think we've seen the ceiling.  7-8 wins is about the best he can do.  

#59 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 04:18 PM

I can't imagine an NFL team being interested. OC coordinator? QB coach? Offensive analyst?

#60 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 10:14 AM

I can't imagine an NFL team being interested. OC coordinator? QB coach? Offensive analyst?

I want to say it was the Dolphins job when it was open?  I don't know that he was any sort of serious candidate, I just think there was a rumor that he had expressed interest.  And he's made comments about how the recruiting game has changed and is no longer about relationships but about money.  And he's not wrong about that point, and it does put any coach for MD football at a disadvantage.

I think he's done an OK job for what he was brought here to do.  Honestly better than I expected.  I don't think the administration cares that much about results at this point so regardless of the contract he'd probably be here a few more years anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=