85 replies to this topic

#21 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:27 PM

If they're going to seriously consider cutting Mountcastle's PT, they can't waste time with guys like O'Hearn and Lester for an extended time. Time to get Cowser and Westburg up here. Time for Ortiz to get regular PT, too.

Yeah, I don't know what they're waiting on with Westburg. If he isn't up here in the 2nd half, I have to seriously question his future with this team.

#22 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:27 PM

If they're going to seriously consider cutting Mountcastle's PT, they can't waste time with guys like O'Hearn and Lester for an extended time. Time to get Cowser and Westburg up here. Time for Ortiz to get regular PT, too.

I think we're going to see Cowser up when Mullins gets back. As good as Hicks has been (sweet slo-mo effort to get back to the bag when you got doubled-off), it's best not to rely on him more than you need to. 

#23 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:29 PM

Cowser should be up well before Mullins is back. This current group just isn't competitive right now.

#24 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:33 PM

Did he just say we arent competitive. Tell me he did not just say that

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:35 PM

Btw ill 100% take OHearn vs righties over Westburg rigjt now. Its not even a decision. Now, there is a spot for both if Mountcastle is gonna sit more but if I have to take a bat vs righties between the 2 its OHearn.

#26 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:37 PM

Thought Milwaukee was a poor offensive team.

#27 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:37 PM

Btw ill 100% take OHearn vs righties over Westburg rigjt now. Its not even a decision. Now, there is a spot for both if Mountcastle is gonna sit more but if I have to take a bat vs righties between the 2 its OHearn.

Westburg actually hits RHP better than LHP, I was surprised to find out.

#28 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:38 PM

They are going against one of the 5 worst qualified SPs so yeah. Good night for their bats.

#29 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:38 PM

O'Hearn is garbage. Enjoy his mini hot streak he's on now. He hasn't been able to top .700 OPS against RHP since his rookie year.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:39 PM

Westburg actually hits RHP better than LHP, I was surprised to find out.

Dont care. Im not saying we couldnt find a spot for him but not 1b/DH over OHearn right now. Realistically it would have to be as a replacement for Mateo or Frazier.

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:41 PM

And Westburg has struggled out the gates every step along the way whem promoted How many fing rookies do you need to see struggle before you understand what OHearn gives you is likely better than the rookie

#32 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:42 PM

Cowser should be up well before Mullins is back. This current group just isn't competitive right now.

The O's are prone to streakiness, and they flat-out lack a middle of the order bat. Any time you're masquerading Santander as your 3 hitter? Yeah, that's building a lineup with mirrors. 

Having said that, you seem to think Mullins will be out for a few more weeks. Can you source that? 

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:43 PM

But the sad thing is Westburg would struggle for 2 or 3 or weeks and we would have the Candy Ass crew some of which are calling for his arrival turning on him and shitting all over him
  • BobPhelan likes this

#34 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:44 PM

Yup. The Orioles are built around a group of extremely streaky hitters and the problem is they're all ice cold at the same time.

Really only Adley, Gunnar, and Mullins do a solid job working ABs.

#35 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:45 PM

Burnes is masterfully baiting (heh) the ump on the lower edge of the zone this inning. 

#36 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:48 PM

The actually work ABs well pretty consistently. But they do have some streaky hitters and Mateo and Mountcastle are total duds at this point. Like duds duds. Just 2 guys who csnt swing the stick makes a big difference. Especially when 1 is a 1b. At least Mateo plats a premium defensive position as an excuse

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:49 PM

Burnes is masterfully baiting (heh) the ump on the lower edge of the zone this inning.

Its as if hes a former CY Young winner. His decline as been overstated thats for sure

#38 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:50 PM

The actually work ABs well pretty consistently. But they do have some streaky hitters and Mateo and Mountcastle are total duds at this point. Like duds duds. Just 2 guys who csnt swing the stick makes a big difference. Especially when 1 is a 1b. At least Mateo plats a premium defensive position as an excuse

Mateo last night not being able to knock a grounder to the right side of the IF, and instead hoping to bunt? 

Woof. Next.

#39 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:51 PM

I like this. Good move by Hyde. 

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 07:51 PM

Get em Hyde. Cant do nothing with tjese pitches anyway. Pound it into the ground

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=