249 replies to this topic

#241 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 04:31 PM

What more can we say about this team. So much for the toughest part of the schedule. This team needs to get more national respect.

If they do to the Yankees what they just did to Toronto, you better believe people are going to notice across the Country.
  • JStruds likes this

#242 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 May 2023 - 04:35 PM

What more can we say about this team. So much for the toughest part of the schedule. This team needs to get more national respect.

I hope we have a lot more to say about them. As for the national respect; who cares?

#243 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 May 2023 - 04:36 PM

Can we get Geddy Lee to attend the games in NY too? Seems to be working well.

#244 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 04:37 PM

What's funny is that in at least a few power rankings last week, the Jays were ahead of the O's for a number of people (not that those things mean anything).

What a great series. Keep it up.

#245 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 21 May 2023 - 05:54 PM

I have watched every game this year with one or two exceptions. I have no freaking idea how they have the record they do. But somehow they just go out and find ways to win every day.

O's Magic!

#246 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 06:56 PM

I have watched every game this year with one or two exceptions. I have no freaking idea how they have the record they do. But somehow they just go out and find ways to win every day.

O's Magic!

Especially with their futility of RISP. Its just been what good teams do- score just enough relative to what they're giving up. Its not pretty, they're not going to dominate teams and they will drive fans to distraction but they are what their record says, which is second best in baseball.

#247 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 07:26 PM

.258, .871 OPS, 144 wRC+, and more walks than strikeouts coming into today.

I love when Bob comes in with the roasts.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#248 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 May 2023 - 07:27 PM

Do we need to invent #Bobgif?
  • BobPhelan likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#249 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2023 - 08:19 AM

O's Magic!

The thing is, this has been going on for about 165 games.  At this point, it is who the Orioles are.  They are a good team.

@mikeghg

#250 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 May 2023 - 08:30 AM

What a great weekend for the Orioles.  They went in to Toronto and faced a good team and found a way to win every game, with some terrific individual efforts.

Cedric Mullins.  It is time to extend the man.  He is an excellent centerfielder, and base runner.  He is also a very dangerous offensive player.  He has become very clutch too,  Extend the man,

The BP.  It has its rough spots but so does every pen and pitcher in baseball. They have been used too much, because of the starters  consistently leaving in the 5th or 6th inning, but in games like we saw this weekend, they get the job done.  JMO, but it is time to stop bashing anytime one of them has a bad outing.  It is also time for the Orioles to get creative in finding ways to freshen some of them up.  Baker for one, looks like he is on fumes.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=