• BobPhelan and Don Quixote like this

#44 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 03:18 PM

Right, but it had to leave play once it passes the wall. It didn’t have to hit a fan. Like, if it bounced back after hitting a railing, the runners all took an extra base. Seems odd the same logic doesn’t apply.

I don't disagree with your logic.

I guess the logic is that the ball is live after it hits the net because it stays in play. I honestly didn't realize that this was the case until you pointed it out.

Speaking of unusual rules or enforcement of such, it seems to me that the pitchers aren't checked for sticky stuff after the last out is made.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#45 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 03:18 PM

Get back to winning tomorrow

Pittsburgh's just lucky they had Keller today. Only reason they've won any of their last dozen. The relievers didn't do that great; the Orioles just couldn't quite cash in when they finally got a little bit going.

#46 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 03:21 PM

Hyde - lol.  Why was McCann batting with Bednar pitching (RHP), 2 on, bottom of 9th, and O'Hearn a power hitting LHB stays on the bench?  Hyde aka Mr. matchup  LvsR and RvsL leaves O'Hearn on the bench, when this is exactly the situation he's needed.  And McCann suitably ks!  Hyde - lol. 

#47 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 03:36 PM

Told ya don't sleep on Mitch Keller.

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 May 2023 - 03:52 PM

The real reason I was mad was because it's 95 here today, and my gut told me to get out in the morning after walking the dogs and do the yard work, then watch the game on DVR in the afternoon. Instead I watched 5 innings of slop live and then sweat my ass off. Last time I don't listen to my gut.

• BobPhelan and CantonJester like this

#49 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 04:10 PM

Hyde - lol. Why was McCann batting with Bednar pitching (RHP), 2 on, bottom of 9th, and O'Hearn a power hitting LHB stays on the bench? Hyde aka Mr. matchup LvsR and RvsL leaves O'Hearn on the bench, when this is exactly the situation he's needed. And McCann suitably ks! Hyde - lol.

Fair question considering he has matched up and PH in lower lev situations. Hes just a weird weird manager. I decided to use weird just to mix it up a bit

#50 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 06:14 AM

I was going crazy when he let Stwoers bat with men on in the 9th. AR should have hit in that spot. Anyone but Stowers, who should get sent down today.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#51 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 09:26 AM

I have a suggestion. The Orioles should have fan man on call in case they strike out over 15 times in a game again. Mr. Splash was pretty much neutralized yesterday.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 May 2023 - 09:40 AM

Orioles offense making yet another pitcher look like Cy Young.

Keller is very good.  Yesterday was not a fluke.  Maybe we were right to be worried about him.   :-P

@mikeghg

#53 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 May 2023 - 09:41 AM

I was going crazy when he let Stwoers bat with men on in the 9th. AR should have hit in that spot. Anyone but Stowers, who should get sent down today.

JMO, but if we send down prospects after 30 AB's, we are going to have a lot of misses.

@mikeghg

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 May 2023 - 09:47 AM

Can you read. You move on from Stowers for Cowser. A swap essentially. Hes stil in AAA and if someone goes down he likely gets another chance. Hes not a Gunnar where you just bite hard, deal with the lumps, and run him out there every single day for 2 or 3 months straight.

I will ask you the same question, can you read or are you just incapable of considering anyone else's opinions.  I will say it again, if we send players down after 30 AB's we are going to miss on more prospects then we hit.

My concern with Stowers is more on the defensive side.  He is still flinching on every fly ball.  

@mikeghg

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 02:03 PM

How can the concern be more on defense when hes striking out 36.5 % and has the slash line he has. At least Hyde isnt starting him today. He went to Vavra. The solution is in AAA though

#56 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 03:17 PM

Keller is very good.  Yesterday was not a fluke.  Maybe we were right to be worried about him.   :-P

I read an article earlier where the Pirates are looking to extend him. Apparently more than one Oriole yesterday mentioned to Austin Hedges (Pirate catcher) that Keller's stuff was the best they'd faced all year. 

#57 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 03:35 PM

I read an article earlier where the Pirates are looking to extend him. Apparently more than one Oriole yesterday mentioned to Austin Hedges (Pirate catcher) that Keller's stuff was the best they'd faced all year.

Give them a day. Thats all it will take facing Ohtani tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=