#121 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 May 2023 - 04:52 PM

Don't think I'll update this the whole year but as a quick check-in: Gibson's ERA went up to 4.67 today, while Lyles' went up to 7.14. So not keeping Lyles is continuing to seem like a decent decision at least but also it's not very hard to find an SP with an ERA better than 7.14 lol. 

she/her

#122 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 14 May 2023 - 04:55 PM

Gibson doing what realistically he was signed to do. Or should have been signed to do. He will pitch innings and more often than not keep you in a game.

#123 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 May 2023 - 05:25 PM

Don't think I'll update this the whole year but as a quick check-in: Gibson's ERA went up to 4.67 today, while Lyles' went up to 7.14. So not keeping Lyles is continuing to seem like a decent decision at least but also it's not very hard to find an SP with an ERA better than 7.14 lol.

As someone that was totally out on Lyles, I certainly feel good about that part of the decision based on the results to date.

I wanted better than Gibson, but 2035 is right to say he's doing what he was brought to Baltimore to do more or less.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#124 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 15 May 2023 - 12:43 AM

Basically they're both trash. Yayyyyy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=