109 replies to this topic

#101 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:06 PM

am i the only one who thinks Cano should close until Bautista finds his footing?

I'm sure you're not the only one, but I think Bautista actually has to have negative results rather than just look shaky before losing his job.

Can't argue against Cano though. Been amazing. Ever bit as good as Bautista was last year, though not as overwhelming.

#102 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:06 PM

Is that Tampa's first series loss of the year?

3-3 against Atlanta and Tampa ain't bad. Every single game was winnable, save maybe game 1 vs. the Rays.

#103 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:10 PM

3rd. They lost 2-1 to the Blue Jays and Astros.

#104 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:14 PM

An enjoyable day off tomorrow. Get the bullpen rested and get after the slumping Pirates. F them for 1971 and 1979 still.
  • NewMarketSean, Don Quixote, BSLSteveBirrer and 1 other like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#105 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:21 PM

https://a.espncdn.co...png&w=350&h=254
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#106 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:09 PM

3-3 against Atlanta and Tampa ain't bad. Every single game was winnable, save maybe game 1 vs. the Rays.

I said a while back that if the O's can manage .500 this month they are going to be talked about as a legit team this season without any of the feel good, new-kids in town talk. 

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:51 PM

Can’t see Cano pitching tonight.

Someone told you last night  Cano would be available in the 9th tonight. Youd think you'd learn. Lets hope Kremer doesnt end up a bottom 5 pitcher over time but sure e damn nough even after tonight his expected ERA is literally one of the 4 worst for players who have 100+ PA on the year. 3rd worse in xslg. Only 7th worse in xBA though. So maybe he will make it to only being a  bottom 10 or 15 SP in baseball.

#108 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:56 PM

I'm sure you're not the only one, but I think Bautista actually has to have negative results rather than just look shaky before losing his job.

Can't argue against Cano though. Been amazing. Ever bit as good as Bautista was last year, though not as overwhelming.

Cano needs to remain a true fireman. Let him save Hydes ass with runners on base. I like Bautista even less in that role vs just saving him to start the 9th. Especially since Bautista could continue to luck into appearances where we have a 2 or 3 run lead. The more leash he has to work with right now the better.

#109 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 10:17 PM

Came by to say hi

Good thing the games are quicker

Caught most of this win

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#110 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 May 2023 - 09:49 AM

Shocked they're using O'Hearn at DH rather than Adley or McCann just to get an extra right-handed bat. Or Santander at DH and McKenna in RF.

Hyde makes some strange decisions.

It was not strange at all.  The Orioles knew Beeks was at most 2 to 3 innings, then the Rays were going to their bulk guy, which was Chirnos.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=