#2 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:19 PM

If there's any slow time in the NFL off season, it's post draft until training camp. 

We'll get the schedule release later this week and endless articles trying to make record predictions but what an exercise in futility those always are. Fun for sure but not worth a whole lot.

I'm happy to hear that other executives think highly of Zay Flowers. On paper, things are dramatically better than they were the last time the Ravens played a football game. 

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#3 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,360 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:33 PM

It’ll be interesting to see the schedule for the Ravens. I would think that with Lamar definitely in the fold now, the league will feel more comfortable putting the Ravens in prime time than they would have if the situation were still unsettled.

Also, this is the first year of the new TV contracts, where CBS and FOX no longer have packages for the AFC and NFC, respectively. So it’s possible the Ravens could have more Sunday afternoon games on FOX than on CBS.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:36 PM

Interesting. Didnt know they went away from the AFC- NFC networks

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,360 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:42 PM

Interesting. Didnt know they went away from the AFC- NFC networks

FOX is still guaranteed a certain number of NFC games, and same with CBS/AFC, but I don’t think it’s high enough that you wouldn’t see more AFC games on FOX, and vice versa.

Traditionally the NFC package was always more valuable because you had bigger markets in that conference. But with so many more elite QBs in the AFC now I’m not sure market size matters as much anymore.

#6 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 09 May 2023 - 01:06 PM

FOX is still guaranteed a certain number of NFC games, and same with CBS/AFC, but I don’t think it’s high enough that you wouldn’t see more AFC games on FOX, and vice versa.

Traditionally the NFC package was always more valuable because you had bigger markets in that conference. But with so many more elite QBs in the AFC now I’m not sure market size matters as much anymore.

I wonder how much of the NFC being more valuable has to do with the Commies/Cowboys rivalry.  Considering that rivalry has kind of lost steam with Snyder in the owner's box, I think the fortunes of the NFC in general have kind of followed suit.

Also, with both conferences taking a stake in LA it's hard to see a huge difference in markets between the AFC and NFC.

#7 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,360 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 03:05 PM

I wonder how much of the NFC being more valuable has to do with the Commies/Cowboys rivalry.  Considering that rivalry has kind of lost steam with Snyder in the owner's box, I think the fortunes of the NFC in general have kind of followed suit.

Also, with both conferences taking a stake in LA it's hard to see a huge difference in markets between the AFC and NFC.

Dallas alone makes the NFC more valuable thanks to being a national draw no matter who they play. Washington probably isn't a huge part of the equation anymore from a national standpoint (thus they don't appear in primetime often) but they are still in the #8 TV market in the country. When you look at the home market sizes of teams, the NFC side has more TV homes. And even with the smallest market in the league being Green Bay, they tend to draw huge audiences (though we'll see how that holds up with them coming off an 8-9 season and Rodgers gone).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=