Shane McClanahan vs Kyle Gibson

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 08:59 AM

Another tough pitcher.  Gibson's going to have to be on his game. 

#3 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:27 AM

I'm trying to remember the last time I was this pumped up for a game in May. Let's find a freakin' way to get this W tonight.

• BobPhelan likes this

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#4 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,052 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:44 AM

Need a W. Playing close against the big boys is nice and all. But the truly quality teams find a way to win these tough games. Nothing wrong with the Atlanta series but not what we wanted to see either. Felt like all 3 games were there for the taking yet we only got 1.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:48 AM

Need a W. Playing close against the big boys is nice and all. But the truly quality teams find a way to win these tough games. Nothing wrong with the Atlanta series but not what we wanted to see either. Felt like all 3 games were there for the taking yet we only got 1.

1 was definitively a mangager loss. And he leaves his best bullet unavailable tonight by throwing him 2 yesterday in a tie game vs Sat while leading. Can you make sense of that?

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:32 AM

1 was definitively a mangager loss. And he leaves his best bullet unavailable tonight by throwing him 2 yesterday in a tie game vs Sat while leading. Can you make sense of that?

Pretty much every loss has been Hyde's fault in your view.

The Orioles are 22-0 and Hyde is 0-12.

As for pitching Cano 2 innings yesterday, it was 100% the right thing to do.  Every manager lives in the present.  Cano kept the Orioles in the game yesterday.  Saving him for a possible need the next day would have been the wrong move.  

At times you are a broken record.

@mikeghg

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:33 AM

Lol at those last 3 sentences of the 3rd paragraph and applying it to yesterday vs Sat. My lord some people.

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:38 AM

Lol at those last 3 sentences of the 3rd paragraph and applying it to yesterday vs Sat. My lord some people.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but as for Saturday, Hyde made the comment that he wanted to avoid using him.  Cano has pitched a lot since he got here. 

You rant on about Hyde basically every game, but you do not know who is available to be used.

The real issue is our rotation can not clear the 5th inning.  Who do we blame for the rotation?

@mikeghg

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:44 AM

Lol at buying that unavailable crap. Gulible I see. Didnt want to throw him Sat at all but less than 24 hours later he is good for 30 pitches and 2 innings. As Ricker first said yesterday, it doesnt add up. But keep buying what he shovels.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:52 AM

Lol at buying that unavailable crap. Gulible I see. Didnt want to throw him Sat at all but less than 24 hours later he is good for 30 pitches and 2 innings. As Ricker first said yesterday, it doesnt add up. But keep buying what he shovels.

Why is it not believable that they wanted to give him 2 days?  

FWIW, I think his issues at managing the BP is that he only wants to use guys 1 inning.  I like multi-inning relievers.  Frankly, yesterday, I would have ridden Voth at least one more inning.

If we are being honest, the issue is the rotation.  That does not suit your narrative though, so keep selling the Hyde is an idiot message.

The other issue yesterday, was we could not get a clutch hit other than Santander in the 10th.

Bad day for the young guys.  Adley, Stowers and Gunnar were 0 for the day.

@mikeghg

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:53 AM

Agreed the rotation is the real culprit of the bullpen woes (not entirely, but it’s definitely contributory in a substantial way.).

The O’s BP ranks:
-8th in MLB in IP
-5th in K/9 (Filthy 10.57)
-10th best in BB/9
-4th in ERA
-7th in xFIP
-Tied for 1st in WAR

They’re doing their part. Hyde has been backed into a corner based on how many innings have been required of the bullpen, but nevertheless I do feel it has exposed his lack of feel for managing the pen.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:55 AM

Btw if he was unavailable he woulda said unavailable. It woulda been easier to swallow. Opining about prefering not to use him is just covering his ass. Plain and simple. And again his availabiity doesnt excuse the way he worked the 8th inning anyway. Coulombe to face 3 lefty killers in a row. Real f'ing smart

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 11:58 AM

Btw if he was unavailable he woulda said unavailable. It woulda been easier to swallow. Opining about prefering not to use him is just covering his ass. Plain and simple. And again his availabiity doesnt excuse the way he worked the 8th inning anyway. Coulombe to face 3 lefty killers in a row. Real f'ing smart

We probably should agree to ignore each others post.  Look at Cano's workload.  If you do not see the reason for giving him a couple of days it is because you do not want to see it.  

@mikeghg

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:01 PM

Of course the SP plays a role. Hyde is also mismanaging the pen. They are linked but the former doesnt excuse the latter. And lets make one thing clear. Its not hyperbole. Its not exageration. Hyde is a very bad game manager. He might be the best clubhouse manager to ever exist. I cant speak on that. I can speak on what he does in game

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:02 PM

We probably should agree to ignore each others post. Look at Cano's workload. If you do not see the reason for giving him a couple of days it is because you do not want to see it.

I dont play that crap but youre welcome to block me

#16 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,052 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:36 PM

Certainly the SP hasn't helped the BP out much. But at the end of the day Hyde continues to make moves that seem quite odd to me. Sure, I am not in the locker room or seeing their training sessions but his use of the pen seems pretty poor to me.

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:13 PM

I dont play that crap but youre welcome to block me

That is pretty funny. I would not even know how to block someone. but we just need to learn to agree to disagree. What I need to do is refrain from the game threads.
@mikeghg

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:30 PM

The Orioles lineup for tonight.

Austin Hays LF
Adley Rutschman DH
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Anthony Santander RF
Jorge Mateo SS
James McCann C
Adam Frazier 2B
Ramón Urías 3B
Ryan McKenna CF

Kyle Gibson RHP

@mikeghg

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:39 PM

If Mullins isn't hurt, this is stupid.  He's 6/17 with 2 HR against McClanahan.

• makoman likes this

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:41 PM

If Mullins isn't hurt, this is stupid.  He's 6/17 with 2 HR against McClanahan.

I noticed he came out of the game yesterday in the last inning.  McKenna was in CF when the Braves won the game.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=