#1 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 May 2023 - 03:36 PM

Welcome to the nest, Rock Ya Sin.....1 year deal.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 May 2023 - 03:39 PM

Sounds like the Ravens are close to an agreement with Rock Ya-Sin. Apparently he underwent his physical in Baltimore today. Guess no Peters reunion.

Not necessarily.....Peters is probably the best fit here and he's likely not garnering a multi year deal anywhere.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:06 PM

Sounds like the Ravens are close to an agreement with Rock Ya-Sin. Apparently he underwent his physical in Baltimore today. Guess no Peters reunion.

Wouldn't make that assumption. I could see them waiting him out, and possibly bringing him back on an incentive laden deal.

Glad they addressed CB2 finally.

#4 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:11 PM

Ya-Sin has been decent when he's been on the field.  He's missed 1/4 of the season every year he's been in the league though.

I'd like Peters back as well.  They were more or less the same player last year (though Peters has the downside risk due to age.)  If we have both, the worse of the two is still a great nickel CB, and if one of them gets hurt it's a great insurance policy.  Stephens as a nickel CB is fine if one of them gets hurt.

There's still enough snaps  out there for Peters to stay on the field at least 70% of the time, and I bet Peters would do fine playing safety too, so that should be some incentive for him to re-sign.

#5 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:30 PM

Any chance Fuller comes back?

#6 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:37 PM

I have to think that, even with a higher price tag, Peters is a much better option.  A year younger, and he proved last year he at least belongs on the field coming off his ACL injury.  Fuller is a much bigger unknown because he's less than a year out from his recovery.

• JStruds likes this

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2023 - 04:40 PM

Peters went in on Harbaugh on the sideline. And to be fair, hes wore out his welcome everywhere hes been. Fine when you are still really good. Once you lose a step teams are much less likely to want to put up with the drama. Think we are there with Peters. Wouldnt shock me if hes back but def betting against it

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:23 AM

Good signing. Glad they addressed it.

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:43 AM

Ya-Sin has been decent when he's been on the field.  He's missed 1/4 of the season every year he's been in the league though.

Sounds like a Raven already.

• Dupin and jamesdean like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:02 AM

Peters went in on Harbaugh on the sideline. And to be fair, hes wore out his welcome everywhere hes been. Fine when you are still really good. Once you lose a step teams are much less likely to want to put up with the drama. Think we are there with Peters. Wouldnt shock me if hes back but def betting against it

I think the Ravens will add one more veteran, and the only way it will be Peters is if he takes a very friendly team deal.  I don't think it has anything to do with his outburst on the sideline though.

@mikeghg

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:03 AM

I think there is a good chance if they feel he will be ready by week 1.

@mikeghg

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:07 AM

Has a reputation as a good tackler so that's a plus.  Who knows what he's going to bring as a coverage man. 

#13 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 01:28 PM

Sounds like a Raven already.

Steve Saunders can't hurt you anymore.

• Mike in STL and Ravens2006 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic