68 replies to this topic

#41 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:14 PM

I had hope for Mountcastle after 2021. He was never going to be a big OBP but the hit tool was there with power. Dude was a .300 hitter at a young age in AA and AAA.

#42 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:16 PM

Yup. Just about every relief pitcher on pace for 80+ appearances.

#43 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:16 PM

Mounty will hit ok. You kinda cant deny the bad luck. The xBA and such. Hes not gonna hit for a great avg, hes gonna strike out a lot, he wont get on base. Warts for sure. But he consistently makes harder contact than Santander.

#44 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:18 PM

This manager is such trash. BP just cant survive this. I get the starters arent going deep but hes out their making so many changes and always has guys warming up. Overmanaging so much
  • PrimeTime and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#45 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:18 PM

Cmon Danny…lock this down!
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#46 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:20 PM

Mounty will hit ok. You kinda cant deny the bad luck. The xBA and such. Hes not gonna hit for a great avg, hes gonna strike out a lot, he wont get on base. Warts for sure. But he consistently makes harder contact than Santander.

Ok but making ANY comparison to Santander is pretty much worthless right now as he really sucks.

#47 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:28 PM

I understand why Hyde made the move to the pen but despite the pitch count, the Tigers wanted none of Grayson and you always change the mojo when you take out a starter that's in control. We did the same thing to the Tigers on Thursday.

Its one of things I truly hate about today's game. I can only hope at some point in the future, starting pitchers will be expected to go 9 innings.

#48 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:34 PM

Its one of things I truly hate about today's game. I can only hope at some point in the future, starting pitchers will be expected to go 9 innings.

If you're conditioned to be done after 5, you'll be done after 5.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#49 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:35 PM

Absolutely let Cano pitch the 9th. No reason to go to Bautista after a 5 pitch inning.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#50 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:36 PM

Now. Bautista has been struggling. Threw 30+ pitches Thur. 1 day off. Cano just threw 6 pitches. No reason why he shouldnt close the game out. But Hyde will go to Bautista because

#51 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:37 PM

Now. Bautista has been struggling. Threw 30+ pitches Thur. 1 day off. Cano just threw 6 pitches. No reason why he shouldnt close the game out. But Hyde will go to Bautista because

I would be the mortgage on Bautista coming in but there's literally no reason to do so. Cano barely broke a sweat.

But the "Managing For Dummies" manual states you must use your closer in any save opportunity as often as possible.
@primetime667083

#52 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,727 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Credit to YC for really settling in and throwing quality strikes.

#53 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

I would be the mortgage on Bautista coming in but there's literally no reason to do so. Cano barely broke a sweat.

We have an overmanager so there is literally no shot Cano pitches the 9th

#54 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:38 PM

Never again will that be a thing. The entire mantra now is expand rosters. If SP could actually average even 7 innings the players union would have no leg to stand on in wanting expanded rosters.

Sorry but 5+ is what SP are going to be. Certainly there will be exceptions but on average that's it.

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:39 PM

Since we are talking Cano figured Id mention Povich threw 5 inning, 1h, 0ER, 10K today
  • BobPhelan and PrimeTime like this

#56 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:47 PM

My God, Mountcastle is useless. Had ball four on 3-1 pitch but of course, HAD to swing at it. Both him and Santander are killing this offense.

#57 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:57 PM

Win column
@primetime667083

#58 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:58 PM

We may have Felix problems. Control not there of late. Didnt throw a splitter today. He needs that pitch.

#59 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:59 PM

My God, Mountcastle is useless. Had ball four on 3-1 pitch but of course, HAD to swing at it. Both him and Santander are killing this offense.

Gunnar too.

You’d think that If we were sitting at 18-9 that Gunnar, Santander and Mountcastle would be contributing but that is not the case.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#60 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 07:07 PM

Gunnar too.

You’d think that If we were sitting at 18-9 that Gunnar, Santander and Mountcastle would be contributing but that is not the case.

Let's chalk that up to a good thing.
  • BobPhelan, CantonJester and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=